Arizona ILLEGAL immigration enforcment discussion.

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by goaljnky, Apr 28, 2010.

1. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    As soon as I'm able to get my US citizenship, which should be this year, I plan on getting it. Besides not having to renew permanent residency, I will get to vote. I'm a firm believer that if you don't vote, you can't whine and moan about those voted to office.

Jason, your right, a passport is the best form of ID.

Mark

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :Thumbsup:lotsie THANKYOU for becoming a citizen! We need you man.Also you'll have the pleasure of knowing that you have 10 times more knowledge than most high school seniors of the class 2010 concerning US history and government.(and 100 times more knowledge than the entire US Congress)
    :D Jason :D

3. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Why thank you Jason for the warm welcome:D. I was off a bit in the timing of when I become eligible to apply for citizenship. I'm in the process of having my conditional permanent residency changed. The condition being that I'm still married to a US citizen. That paperwork, and fees paid, is done. Just went this past week to have my biometrics redone, which is having fingerprints checked to make sure I'm me, and a new photo for the new card.

Then 1 year from now, which will be 3 years since receiving permanent residency, I can pay more fees and apply for citizenship. The normal wait period is 5 years, but because I'm married to a US citizen the wait period is only 3 years. There is a church a couple of blocks from our house that offers free:D citizenship classes.

Mark

4. Boxcars

Boxcars New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    congrats mark,
    on doing it and doing it the right way!
    boxcars

5. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    LOL... I agree with those that see just a few KEY Words!
    1) it is just enforcing the already Fed LAW!
    2) the word ILLEGAL
    3) they will ONLY check if there is a crime being done.. traffic ticket..jaywalking.. ect!!

ALL the rest is just the hype and roderic of the news and press!!

Ruff Numbers!
    70% of ALL the AZ population agree with it! ( legals that is..)
    60% of the US agree with it!!
    ( of those poled of course)
    Other states are following suit... like Pa!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!! follow the rules or GET OUT!!

How can a guy breaking the law already be expected to follow any other LAW??? DUH....

Just me................................

Thumper

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Will Immigration Law Doom America's Lettuce?

From The Atlantic

Full article at Will Immigration Law Doom America's Lettuce? - Food - The Atlantic

7. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    LOL.. doubtful!! If the Growers hire the labor as "Independent Contractors" they can pay what they want, and STILL pay NO medical, and the labors will NOW be paying taxes and SS.

The workers will still work... the growers will still sell, and the lettuce will still ship!!

Thumper

8. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    So even his fans admit that he was a criminal?

9. Jason Montague

Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :frown2: Yeah, still ship loaded with E COLI as there are no facilities in the fields to wash hands and clip nails after "taking a dump" in the lettuce rows!"Honey,this lettuce tastes like sh!+, is it hand picked?":eek6::lol::nonod::frown2: Jason

:Thumbsup::Thumbsup:MECHANIZE IT!!!!!!!:Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

10. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    #50 lotsie, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZkAoosVLkA[/ame]

Mark

11. track-toy

track-toy MINI of the Month

May 4, 2009
    Test Driver
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am a legal immigrant from back in 1981. A British-American, fully installed with US passport in hand. I don't like what Arizona is doing, it's not fair at all. I know they have drug issues from the border. Work them out, enforce, but don't start ID checks for little or no reason. Nobody ever tried to deport me while I was on a temporary visa and nobody even asked if I had one.

There is a lot of valuable work done by people who are not born here. I built my house in Texas using a contractor that I am sure used undocumented labor from Mexico. That's because Americans don't want those jobs high upon roofs in 100 degree heat. And that's just one example. In less than 3 years, huge teams of Mexican and other, south of the border, workers built the High Five Interchange at 75 and LBJ in Dallas. They worked around the clock.

Up here in Pittsburgh, union DOT workers took more than 6 years to redevelop 8 miles of highway. The cost to the community was huge. Store closings, traffic nightmares, people avoiding local real estate purchases.

We are a melting pot. We need workers to fill the voids. Just my .02 cents.

12. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    #52 goaljnky, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
    I don't agree. That roof job in a 100 degree heat... I had that during summers and while going through college. Highly doubt my twenty something counterparts could get it now.

I would not pass judgment on that interstate build with "south of the border" labor until it has been up for a few years. Although I would be curious to the accuracy of your assessment as to the labor force. It being highway money and in Texas of all places.

I was reading an online discussion on this issue and one poster had an interesting point. All those jobs that supposedly the Americans would not do; construction, gardening, etc., used to be done by the American part time labor force. I am sure many here will remember having their lawns cut by the neighborhood kids. Or being that kid.

13. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    #53 Batrugger, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
    I worked as a framer building houses in the desert here until I joined the Army in 90. It was hot as hell in the summer and even more miserable in the winter, but the pay was good, I could get a tan, and I wasn't handling food. I really don't see that as an opportunity anymore for young Americans in California since most of the construction trades have been taken over by cheaper undocumented workers. America is a melting pot, but they are called illegal immigrants for a reason. If I was a legal immigrant, I would be personally offended that there is a huge group of immigrants who circumvented the laws and policies that I followed. The Arizona law is not allowing law enforcement officers to ask for Id for little or no reason, it is only allowing them to ask immigration status in the event of a lawful encounter where the person has committed an offense.

http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/politics-other-messy-stuff/2974-arizona-illegal-immigration-enforcment-discussion-3.html#post27072

14. yellowbritishrocket

yellowbritishrocket Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    i dont know why people are so bent out of shape about this immigration law...all arizona is doing is enforcing the law that exists at the federal level...i think az just got tired of the drug problems and the crimes committed by illegal immigrants...i say kick the mf's out and if they try to sneak back in...shoot them on site...you want to be a part of the country...do it legally...do your time and pay your dues...i have a welsh friend who just recently became a citizen and he likes what arizona is doing...dont boycott az for just enforcing the law that washington and the beloved bill clinton came up with...and construction jobs are filled by illegals not because americans dont want to do them...its because the labor is cheap and helps these companies bottom lines...where im from in indiana all of the construction/road workers are citizens and no illegals...the american's dont want to do the job excuse is bull...its just because the labor is cheaper from illegals...i absolutely refuse to support illegal/undocumented aliens and have no sympathy for them...my ancestors immigrated legally to this country through ellis island...these bastards can immigrate legally as well or gtfo....im not going to willingly support anything for them

15. Jason Montague

Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :Thumbsup:Right on, and by the way;you don't have to candy coat it like that. Speak up and tell them how you really feel.:lol::lol::lol::Thumbsup: Jason

16. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Worked in fields, hot roofs, wet mucky trenches, -40F outdoor environments, 100F combined with 100% humidity work places. Most folks don't like these kind of work conditions, it's all I know.

Right now I'm building a piano, semi outdoors, and making piles of dirt indoors, and constructing a tree that has to fall over. Plus a whole bunch of beds. I don't feel to threaten by someone having my skills. But I would be pissed if I paid all the money it has taken to be able to work in the US, and someone illegal got the job instead of me.

Mark

17. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    not really related, but this is some funny stuff. Black on Beck:

[ame=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37141654#37141654]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

18. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mark

19. Jason Montague

Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :frown2: He's taken a lot of Glen Beck material out of context and put spin on it but, I'll fight to the death for his right to freedom of speech.:Thumbsup:
    :cornut: Jason :Thumbsup:

20. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0