Atlanta Mystery....

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Motormax, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Motormax

Motormax New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    I'm CEO/Owner of GGS (Gryphon Global Services) a i
    Beautiful Tampa Bay Florida
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi Max the new guy... I live in Tampa Florida (what does that have to do with anything ? It will make sense soon... sort of..) and I when I first joined I was reading all kinds of post in a variety of threads... excited to learn all I can about my future Mini Club.. in one of those threads there was a post and in that post someone mentioned a service/tuning shop in Atlanta that does Mini tuning... I was going to go back and look it up but I got a call and didn't log back on until much latter that night .. at which point I forgot to go back and journeyed on reading many more post. (Here comes the Tampa part) So any way days latter I was looking for Mini tuning/service shops online in central Fl. and I wasn't coming up with much. Not any that specifically mentioned that they do tuning on Mini's. It was then :idea: that I remembered that post... and now I cant find it.. UGH :confused:. Does anyone by any chance know what the hell I'm talking about ? LOL :fingerscrossed: I thought it was a post about ECU tuning.. but maybe not as I cant seem to find it there... Any help greatly appreciated thanks !

ADDENDUM : Of course if anyone knows of a good Mini tuning shop in central Florida area that works too ! LOL :wink:

I did say I was a noob right ? ....

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    If you jump up to the top by the banner there is a "Sponsor's" category. Click on it and select map and you will see several sponsors in the general area. Give them a call and find out which ones do tunes. Maitland would be closest to you and they race a MINI so maybe they do tunes as well.

3. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Where your at, my first call would be to Ian Stewart at Maitland imports... My only call actually!!!:cool:

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I believe the shop in Atlanta you are talking about is Way Motor Works and they are a sponsor.

Jim

5. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    yep... Way Motor Works in Atlanta.

He's a good guy and does good work.

6. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    ^^ Way is good. He programmed my rear fog in ten minutes after the dealer tried and told me it couldn't be done. :Thumbsup:

Jim

7. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    You have a choice, contact Ian.:Thumbsup:

8. beaner

beaner New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    as others have stated, Ian is your best local option. Way also does good work, but isn't as close.

9. Motormax

Motormax New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks so much Everyone I thought this thread was going to go nowhere LOL I'm going to check out the sponsor list more carefully I saw plenty of great aftermarket sights and parts stuff, but missed local service shops on there ! That is awesome and I will prob brain graze there for hours ! I will check out Ian and Way Motor Works.. Thanks again !

10. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Over on the left side of the page in the Main Menu block there is a link to Local Shops by Map and by Locations.

You can get info about the shop and even directions door to door via Google Maps.

Try it today :Thumbsup:

11. Motormax

Motormax New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Wow found some great shops that never came up on my search engines ! Thanks Nathan for the tip !! Thank you all the rest for all the advice and help !