Pre Migration Auto log-out?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Ryephile, Dec 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ryephile

Ryephile New Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Yes!
    Metro Detroit
    Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    Invariably when I go to click "submit post", the site will suddenly think I'm logged out. The site appears to auto expire or self-destruct the log-in cookies. This happens on IE, Firefox, Safari, PC, Mac, Palm Pre, and iPhone.

Another related item. When I visit the site and initially log-in, when the site brings me back to the home page, it'll still be in guest mode. If I click on Forums, it might suddenly think I'm logged on, but not always. It seems that if I click "remember me" during log-on the site is less likely to auto-log-out during in-site surfing activity.

Any ideas?

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    The site is configured to do this after 1 hour of inactivity. If you happen to be creating a post and have that window open and typing in it now and then for over an hour you will be logged out as that is perceived as inactivity.

I've had the same report from one other person and have been looking into why this is going on but as it is so infrequent I've been at a loss as to finding the source. I'm wondering if there is something with a certain ISP as both of you are located in the same region. Please PM me with your ISP info.

While this is not at the top of my priority list I am actively looking into the issue.

3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    I have not had this problem.

4. RonsMinnie

RonsMinnie New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 28, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have the same issue and I am no longer remembered by the site (Firefox will fill the user name and pw as soon as I start typing). Comcast is my isp.