Auto-X on June 11 in Lompoc, CA

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mini Coopers' started by quikmni, Apr 18, 2011.

1. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    #1 quikmni, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
    Vapor Trail Vettes (Vapor Trail Vettes Home Page) is putting on another Auto-X in Lompoc, CA on Saturday June 11th.

It is a low speed (1st & 2nd gear) Auto-X and very casual. All non-corvettes are just put into one “Open” class so it is not super competitive. There are usually 10 runs so you get a lot of driving time for an Auto-X. It is a great way to get more familiar with the outstanding handling capabilities of your Mini.

I have attached the information flyer and the registration form.

The cost is $50. You need a helmet (Snell approved and less than 10 years old) and your car needs to pass a basic tech inspection (just to make sure it is not going to fall apart). Two people can drive the same car.

Attached Files:

2. Rae

Rae Club Coordinator

Oct 14, 2010
    teacher for severely/multiply disabled students
    Oregon
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like fun! Go kick some Vette @zz!
    But what I really want to know is, what does your rear bar say? Does it tell you when you're too far off an apex? Is this a special GP feature I missed? :smilewinkgrin: And where on Earth is Lompoc?

3. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    My rear bar usually says Hang On!
    Thanks for pointing that out so I can update the spelling in the signature block.
    Lompoc is in California. It is a small city near the coast line (on Highway 1) about 45 miles north of Santa Barbara. Lompoc is near Vandenberg Air Force Base.