Autocross @ AMVIV

Discussion in 'AMVIV7 (March 25-28, 2010)' started by smooth is quik, Jan 12, 2010.

1. smooth is quik

smooth is quik Club Coordinator

Dec 31, 2009
    Vegas Baby!
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Received word from the local SCCA chapter that they will be putting on an autocross on Saturday the 27th at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The event and the details are not yet listed on thier website but check back soon for all the news on this event.

www.lvrscca.org

2. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Will they be doing a special MINI group?

3. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    I would, but it interferes with my drinking.

4. smooth is quik

smooth is quik Club Coordinator

Dec 31, 2009
    Vegas Baby!
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im not sure if they are or not. I think it will depend on how many come to the event. I have a POC if you would like to talk to him. BTW he's a mini driver and the president of the chapter.....

Let me know.

5. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    #5 Redbeard, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    He's actually the Regional Executive (RE) but Sam is a good guy. I'm in the LVR SCCA with him. We have done special classes for groups before. We've had a Flat-4 class (for the Subies) and a Pony class (for the Mustangs). It just needs to be voted on by the local board.

Our events are fairly laid back as far as runs and how the event goes. We try to get as many runs as possible in. I think having a MINI class for AMVIV would be a good plan. :Thumbsup:

BTW, we are having the first autox of the year this Sunday if anyone is interested. It will be my first autocross in a Mini. I'm excited.

6. Agro

Agro MINI of the Month - April '10

Jun 21, 2009
    Snr Systems Analyst
    Las Vegas
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The local SCCA chapter has just announced that they will be running a SOLO event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway "Bullring" on the Saturday of AMVIV weekend. The Speedway is about 5-10 minutes on the interstate from Aliante Station, so it's MUCH more convenient than the Pahrump track ever was.
    Head over to the SCCA site for all the details.