2nd Gen AutoX to Sport Touring - A Rebuild 2014

Discussion in 'Car Builds, Projects, Idea's Experiments' started by GreyLens, Aug 6, 2014.

1. GreyLens

GreyLens New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 25, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Cars and Coffee in SA - Where's the MINI?

...as in...where's the beef? I went to the local Cars and Coffee meet up here in SA yesterday. I haven't been for awhile. For several reasons I had to pull back on AutoX and Track events over this last year but I'm gearing up to get back to both starting next month, I hope. So, I thought I'd zip out to the local CnC. The venue has changed to a bigger and better location out on I-10 in front of the Lowe's at the RIM. Big turn out...lots of cool cars...One MINI, me.

It was interesting. Austin has a very active Mini Club. SA has had very little such activity. And local car shows have virtually no MINI's anymore. So, the GreyLenz was a bit of a novelty and garnered a fair amount of attention.

The SA Mini dealer has organized some events over the last few years but that seems to be going away.

I guess this is not the forum for this but I was just wondering if anyone in San Antonio is interested in a Mini club or something. I was a part of the Lone Star Mini Club, which was essentially me, K-Huevo, and a couple of other folks...but, that is not happening any more either since K-huevo moved to Houston, I think.