How do I Avatars

Discussion in '"How Do I"' started by Steve, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Avatars here are square. Period. There’s nothing we can do about it, the system WILL crop your non-square image. Feel free to try a rectangle and see what happens. No harm done and you might even be happy with the result, but the cleanest option is to just choose a square or crop your non-square image before loading it as an avatar.

Here’s how you add or change an avatar.

Hover your cursor over the small avatar symbol near the upper, right corner of the page (red arrow).

A pop-up window will show “Your Profile Page”. Click “Avatar” (red arrow, below).

This will open your Avatar Editor (see below). Before you click “Browse” and then hunt through your drive for your chosen file, read the fine print below that line:

It is recommended that you use an image that is at least 200x200 pixels.

If you’re not data savvy enough to check your image’s stats (or just not interested in bothering), the simple point is it needs to be square. If it looks square to you, it’ll probably be fine, and if you upload it and don’t like what you see you can upload another and another, etc, until you’re happy.

2. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    @Sully nice write up.. now I can finally upload one... :)