Bald River Falls Photos (Thursday Cherohala Drive)

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 13 (April 29 - May 2, 2015)' started by BillTheCat, Apr 30, 2015.

1. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    #1 BillTheCat, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Good afternoon, all. Just finished a very successful Cherohala/Dragon loop with a great group of participants. Very satisfied that I managed to keep the pace reasonable the entire time, because let me tell you- after 12 years coming to this event, it takes willpower to drive those twisties at a safe & moderate pace. Even with a bum knee- adrenaline seems to get the best of me. :ihih:

Those who joined my Cherohala Skyway & Bad River Falls drive today will find their individual photos in the album below. These are the raw, unedited full size JPEG files. If you see your photo & want the full size RAW (Nikon) format file, please PM me here or e-mail [email protected] with the info on the specific photo you would like me to send you.

Some of these do need some brightness and contrast tweaks. I'm not a great photo editor, but if you want me to tweak yours, let me know and I'll send you originals and tweaked files.

Finally, as we discussed, I am going to attempt to create a huge animated GIF file that will show one MINI morphing into the next, into the next, and so on. That will likely take a few weeks for me to find the time & patience to complete. I will post here again when I add that file to the album.

THE ALBUM LINK: Bald River Falls MOTD 2015 Photos by laszlo2u | Photobucket

EDIT: FYI, there is a great, simple photo editing app for Android & IOS called "TouchRetouch." It can easily remove unwanted elements from many photos. Might be worth considering if you'd like to get rid of the zebra stripe sign at the end of the bridge in your photo. Great download, easy to use.

2. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    Pics are always appreciated by those of us who can't make it down there.

3. tkahike

tkahike New Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the pics!!!!

4. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome. We had a friendly & easy-going group, and I had a blast on this drive.

Original post edited: Photobucket allowed me to upload the full sized JPG files. So what you download there are the best JPG's I have. I do still have the Nikon RAW files if you are a serious Photoshopper and need that kind of detail to work from.

5. SkipTannen

SkipTannen New Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for doing the pictures Bill, and thanks for a fantastic run - good pace, good roads, and a nice group of people. It was definitely one of the highlights of this year's MOTD. Looking forward to next year!!

Skip Tannen

6. LowCountry S

LowCountry S Active Member

May 14, 2009
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    3 of us drove over there Saturday about noon, awesome drive there and back!

Attached Files:

7. HCClubman

HCClubman New Member

May 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Bill. We really enjoyed the run.

8. BE MINI 37

BE MINI 37 New Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Bill. All your hard work is appreciated.

9. blbandit

blbandit New Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Sarasota, FL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to say thank you very much for the run and the pictues