Best wax for Pepper White?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by KittyMini, Nov 9, 2010.

Tags:
  1. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to get a Prima product, so which (Richard) is best for Pepper White?

Thx :D

2. RllyDrvrIX

RllyDrvrIX New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Subscribed....

3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    For the lighter colors you really need to get the Zaino products. The Prima products are great for the darker colors.

Been using the Zaino products since getting my MINI 7 yrs ago and love the look and durability. Tried the Prima and it wasn't as good looking to me so went back to Zaino.

4. Rae

Rae Club Coordinator

Oct 14, 2010
    teacher for severely/multiply disabled students
    Oregon
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    oooooh, Scott you just stepped into our household debate. Jai is all Prima all the way for the clubby (lightening blue). I adore my Zaino for Gromie. Every time Jai looks at my car, I hear "wow that really does look like liquid sunshine." Need I say more? Oh, and I think the Zainio products smell better.

5. thirdraildesignlab

thirdraildesignlab New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    architect
    SF Bay Area
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How soon after new did you go to town on your MINIs? My last one I waited about 6 weeks before using klasse based on the advice of folks saying the paint was still soft.

6. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    MINI paint is baked on, so no cure time is needed, wax it right off the boat.

Most high end waxes will give good protection.

Mark

7. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Kitty, if you have your mind set on the Prima line there really is one wax they offer which is 'Epic'. Great synthetic wax which I think you will be happy with the results

My personal OCD has me messing around with different carnauba waxes on top of the Epic. Some of those are more suited for other colors than others

Check out the Epic and see what you think, you can always try something as a second coat

8. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Thanks gang.....

I'm lovin' all the comments :popcorn:

9. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Having owned a PW since 2005 my advice to you would be clay often. Especially the rear of the vehicle sucks gunk from the road. I always thought they called it Pepper white because unless you stay on top of it you get little black specks all over the car :) Regardless of what wax you use I would put an extra coat on the rear of the vehicle. Every time I see one I walk over and give it a once over and I have only seen a couple anywhere near as clean as mine, 99% of Pepper White Minis are all specked to hell which makes me very sad :(

10. thirdraildesignlab

thirdraildesignlab New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    architect
    SF Bay Area
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks Lotsie, for the clarification that my original MA was giving me dubious advice, and to rigidjunkie, for the clay advice. I clayed a few times on the first PW/W MINI, but probably not enough, given the road conditions in SF... I'll hit the new one on the first non-rain day i can, with some wax...

11. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    That is the problem with non metalic paint jobs they are suseptable to specking where a metalic car hides the little specks with metal flakes :)

12. Bigprfed22

Bigprfed22 New Member

Dec 1, 2010
    VA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pics say it all, 1Z Einszette Glanz

IMG00003-20100925-1234.jpg