BIGGER is BETTER!!! A FAQ on the Bosch 550cc injectors for R53

Discussion in 'Bytetronik Tuning Discussion- Archive only' started by mike@MynesTuned, Mar 11, 2010.

1. ColinGreene

ColinGreene Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

May 15, 2009
    Male
    Orange county Ca
    Ratings:
    +293 / 0 / -0
    The software has nothing to do with it, Since when will the mini just spit out a data-log like that? Must be well Revolutionary?
    Anyway what I'm getting at is 112 or even 130 percent is a impossible duty cycle number. Its simply not possible to spray more than the injector is capable of flowing at 100% the injector is effectively locked open. Thus with the injector unable to provide more flow than designed for the engine will go into a lean mode. I think what your trying to explain is if the injector is maxed out its dangerous for the engine.
    Earlier you explained that a mini with a stock blower and a pulley was dangerously close to the limits.
    I am having a hard time understanding how you can be selling the sprintex stage one on a stock tune with stock injectors because of this thread but thats another problem entirely.
    I really did not need the do some research comment, I probably know more about this than you seem to assume.

2. mike@MynesTuned

mike@MynesTuned New Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Scangauge can retrieve data from OBD II port at one to two samples per second, right? So obviously the stock ecu is sending out data, right? We added our own code via FullAccess to enable this data stream to be spit out at a much faster rate - typically at 8 to 15 samples per second:Thumbsup: Yes, it is Revolutionary!!! b/c no other tuner in the world can do this but Bytetronik :Thumbsup:

The stock MINI ECU is very powerful... much of it is hidden from view... the data is there, you just have to find a way to extract the info...:ihih:

Go and read Nathan's explanation a few more time... if you can't understand it, then you should read it and maybe have someone else explain it to you. The answer is plain as ice:beer

Anybody with some decent analytic skill can see that the Sprintex is a more efficient blower, thus it's generating less heat than the M45 at the same boost level (see data log in the Sprintex Stage I post). So with the colder IAT on the Sprintex, it's afr stays 11's across the range...

Obviously NOT... :popcorn:

3. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, that would he very professional of you!!!

4. jason@MynesTuned

jason@MynesTuned New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, so now can we keep this on topic now about 550cc injectors and not about 450cc injectors, RMW and about your tune. I wish you could advertise yourself and your vendor in a new thread. I would greatly appreciate that very much. :)

5. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :Thumbsup: Remember why we all left NAM?

6. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Colin, you're right in that the injector can't spray more than 100% of it's capacity, but that's not what the duty cycle is. If the injectors are wide open, at 100% of their capacity, and the car's RPMs are pushed higher once this limit is reached, you are going to be above 100% duty cycle (and quite possibly/probably running lean). The injectors spraying at 100% (or effectively locked open, as you said, spraying as much as they physically can) is not the same thing as 100% duty cycle, they're two totally different things. It's a question of semantics...

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Let me try this again...

1. The bickering has to stop. I'm not above using the ban hammer.

2. Duty Cycle is a calculated result. It is a tool for use to determine if an injector size can handle the needs of an engine. It does not mean that that an injector can go over 100%, it only means that an injector as sized can be wrong for the application. It is an accepted rule of thumb that the calculated value should not exceed 80% of an injectors Duty Cycle. If when calculating the Duty Cycle you derive results that are above 80% then one should look to use a larger injector. Rocket Science it is not and why some of you keep harping on this matter I do not know.

8. jason@MynesTuned

jason@MynesTuned New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I guess it would be easier to visualize to some people. Some get it and some don't. Let me help for people who are willing to understand. And thanks Nathan on the above post. I don't understand the bickering either.

[​IMG]

9. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
  10. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    :postcount

Ha...just kidding...25 pages of tainted banter amongst adults. What a Country. Some folks just need ta be more resilient I guess as it seems there's a whole lota ruffed up feathers here. Having read 249 entries about which fuel injector to choose, I'm very certain I'm now able to choose an injector size, a vendor and a tuner... Understand the meaning here.

I need serious beer.:beer

11. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Really?....im more confused now than ever :lol: But hopefully in a few months we will have a local expert on the subject :ihih:

12. Putttn

Putttn New Member

May 29, 2010
    Manage small business
    Spokane, Wa
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I know this was a very LONG thread but quite a few years have passed and a lot more experience/solutions have maybe come to pass. What new information is available?