BIGGER is BETTER!!! A FAQ on the Bosch 550cc injectors for R53

Discussion in 'Bytetronik Tuning Discussion- Archive only' started by mike@MynesTuned, Mar 11, 2010.

1. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    ^^

2. mike@MynesTuned

mike@MynesTuned New Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Here are some specifications on the EV14 Injector design as well as spray pattern. The part # to the 550s are 0280158117 and it's not listed on these Bosch Spec sheets (probably due to the fact that they were OEM mfg for Ford Racing)... In any event, for your reference ONLY:
    0280158117_Bosch_broschure_01.jpg 0280158117_Bosch_broschure_02.jpg 0280158117_Bosch_broschure_03.jpg 0280158117_Bosch_broschure_04.jpg

3. mike@MynesTuned

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Can somebody say 800cc?

There is a good chance that we might have to go BIGGER than the 550cc Bosch injectors in order to safely produce 250whp or more.

Some more testing data for the 550cc:

"Ducky" was once again put thru the gauntlet yesterday and we discovered some useful data by examining the logs using the FA53 Tuning Kit.

Mods for Ducky: 2006 MCS with MegaMini Camshaft, 550cc, Mynes V2 header + Nvidia exhaust, GP IC and 15% pulley, NGK Iridium 7EIX. Everything else is STOCK.

On California 91 Octane Shell Premium: Power was 206whp / 178wtqe (AFR at 11.6 ~ 12.0, injector duty cycle at 72%).

On California E85 fuel (from Chevron station in Fontana): Power was 227whp / 188.8wtqe (AFR at 11.5 ~ 11.8; injector duty cycle at 88%)***

ducky_E85 (1).jpg

***NOTE on E85:
    1. We can probably lean it out some more b/c E85 has a 100+ octane rating; so we can be in the mid-12 AFR and still be safe. But since this is going to be the E85 BASE TUNE MAP for our customers, we want to keep it safe so they can fine-tune it to their spec.

2. If we lean this out more, we can probably bring the duty-cycle down to the low 80% range.

3. E85 blends vary from region to region and from season to season; so be sure to monitor your AFR while you are doing these power pulls.

Keep in mine, our test car is on the STAGE I Form. If we decide to go with a Stage II head along with the SC Upgrade, then that will likely push us near the 280whp range. At that point, these 550s will surely be maxxed out :(

Can someone say Bosch 800cc? :crazy:

4. mike@MynesTuned

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    SCAN0093.jpg RMW 440s => flows 800cc

Someone in the UK had these 2nd-Gen Siemens "440s" flow-tested... see results below (he obtained these from a "trusted source" with the part numbers scratched off):

Please do your research guys... there are a lot of people making a lot of claims, but know those who are actually posting testing data in support of their products.

5. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    What has been left out here is that these injectors were from a crap can car with those injectors already installed. Dirty injectors that didn't even have the correct o rings on them, actually having a mixed bag of o rings, clear evidence that they had been mucked around with and a type of injector that has been sold by several vendors at one time or another... The chart above does not reflect the correct flow chart for the Seimens 450 injector sold by RMW; Seimens also being the manufacturer of the OEM Mini Cooper injectors..

6. mike@MynesTuned

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is the direct quote from the author of the thread seeking answers to his injectors and not to place blame. All he's asking for are answers and some data from his vendor, but thus far, none has been provided:

"what im now confused with is why are they sold as 440cc? when they are 800cc static and 244 under load."

7. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    You make it sound like his vendor was RMW, which in fact by is own words it was not. The original source of those, at least second hand injectors has never been established.

One fact that was established is that RMW had in no way any envolvement with his car period. RMW neither sold anything to the owner, RMW never advised the owner and RMW never had anything to do with the tune on the car. I believe that you would be well aware of who tuned the car before it burnt a piston

Fact: RMW/Jan had absolutely nothing to do with the car in question.

If he wants answers to what actually happened to his car I would suggest that he direct his questions to the person who sold him the car in the first place and to those that actually had worked on and had been envolved with his car leading up to his problems.... Not a vendor that had nothing to do with it.

PS: I would also suggest that you sell your products (you have every right to) on their own merits and not whilst attempting to stand on another vendor in the process.. 2 cents

8. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I would recommend that anyone interested read the entire thread before making any judgement. The thread is in MINITorque and can be found at update for my RMW 450cc injectors

Please note that MINITorque does allow for off color language, you have been warned.

9. jason@MynesTuned

jason@MynesTuned New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You are missing the whole point here. It's not about Jan or RMW, it's about the injectors that are used of his liking which are not 440cc or 450cc no matter where the injector comes from. Doesn't matter if customer "A" buy the injector from vendor "B" and customer "B" buy from vendor "A" the bottom line is, that injector part #, or even scratched off or not. They are the same from vendor "A" and "B" which are advertise as 440cc or 450cc which have been flow tested showing 800cc.

You are correct, vendor "A" has nothing to do with customer "B" who bought these injectors from vendor "B" Bottom line is, vendor "A" and "B" are selling a product that are false.

10. mike@MynesTuned

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    We have no problem selling own products on its own merits. In fact, we have been selling the Bosch OE 550s since March 2009 (at AMVIV 6) with dyno graphs and test data to show it's application and performance. Critics were crying foul and that the injectors were too BIG for the R53. Guess what, since we don't "remove or SCRATCHED off" the mfg part number on those Bosch OE 550s, anybody can verify the part number and source it on their own.

After two years of criticizing Mynes for pushing these overly BIG Injectors, guess who is selling it on his website?

You can buy from RMW for $325.00; or pay $300 and get a set from Mynes (or $250 per set if you buy it with the Bytetonik FA53 Tuning Kit).

This is a screen shot of the actual website (taken today):
    RMW_550.gif

11. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    This is not fair. Jan doesn't have a chance to respond to this. I'd much prefer that all vendors sell on their own merits and not point fingers at others. It makes you all look bad when you do so.

12. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    The fact is that how and when and what condition those injectors were in and the results from their test do not match the specs of the 450 Seimens injectors that Jan sells...

Again what actually happened to the car in question is not being talked about...

Why wasn't the performance of those injectors not noted when the car was tuned, much less the many other problems it had, noted and dealt with??

13. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Exactly and thank you!

14. mike@MynesTuned

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Nathan, didn't you get your 440s from Jan directly and the part numbers were 'scratched off' also?

You can give Jan another 6 months and i don't think he will go in there and respond. But if someone had posted something bad about Mynes, he and his bois will be there in a millisecond.

If you look at the part numbers i've listed for those 440s, they are in fact NOT 440s... so i'm not bashing on anybody... just making buyers aware that there are some injectors out there being FALSELY Advertised!!! Buyers beware!!!

15. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    BS

If they flowed 800, why would we need your all encompassing 550s? Lol

16. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    #36 Thumper460, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    On and On..... If this was about Jan in the beginning, he nor his Place have not responded anywhere on the issues.. not here on MA or overseas where a similar question was poised. ( since over a month ago)

I think all the facts have been presented.. with a lot of literature and testimonies.. SOOOoo... now it seems to be a 'he said .. he said' thingy, yes??
    Customers are now aware, of course they will decide accordingly from the thread...

NEXT????

Thumper

17. mike@MynesTuned

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, great question, Minimark!!! Ask your tuner: "Why would we [RMW and crew] need ... [the] all encompassing [Bosch OE]550s"? :popcorn:

RMW_550 (1).gif

18. jason@MynesTuned

jason@MynesTuned New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Listen man, we get bash all the time for no reason on all forums. Sometimes we don't say a word back. Look at MiniTorque, man they were having a field day over there. Mynes name was in every other word from this vendor. I could google mynes and it would have directed me to that thread over on Minitorque first even before our own Mynes forum. So enough was enough and we posted some facts and no allegations and now that forum thread is quite. If we didn't say anything at all, it would have kept going on and on. And minimark you speak more for RMW than Jan himself, but try to get out of it when the heat comes on and act like we started it over there on Minitorque. Anyone can plainly see the thread is over 30 pages with me or Mike... not even a single post in it until towards the end when we actually came in to speak up and then you guys point the finger we are making another vendor look bad, but it was okay from the other vendor to make us look bad in the first 30 pages. Getting really sick of it. It would be nice for you and RMW to stay out of our posts, and I am sure you have never seen a post from us in RMW section or posts talking about his product. I agree with Nathan to sell under your own merits. I am sorry I am not going let anyone slander my business under false allegations from him or customers who never did business with us at all. I am a man first, then I am a business owner (vendor).

19. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    BS

Leave references to Jan/RMW and their products and services, including all the successes on and off the track IE: NASA National Championship, Podium finishes and track records, etc out of your threads and as always you will not hear a peep from me on your threads.....

20. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the 440's I had from Jan did have the part number removed. Then again I know that they came to him that way from his source at the time. Everyone was trying to protect themselves from others learning their sources. I can understand that. I didn't feel that Jan was trying to pull the wool over my eyes or I would not have dealt with him. I know that ya'll had some issues when trying to scale them properly when working on my car so I made the swap at the time.

Now if we want to get fully into all this I question if the issues were the injectors or if the engine issues that were found soon after were the real issue. I've never been 100% sure about this so never wanted to really post about since there was nothing definitive.

I'm having issues again, what the cause is I am not sure of yet. Between launching a new site, dealing with family issues and some other big changes about to happen I've not had the time to diagnose. But when the engine is cold or when driving at a steady throttle at 4K rpm or less there is a stumble. Now and then there is a misfire in cylinder 2 code. The exhaust smells of unburnt fuel and I can smell fuel in the oil. I plan on dealing with this at the next MM.org DIY Day on Jan 29.

So all is not rosy here from any of the tunes I've had. Is it the tune or some other factor. I'm not sure at this point but I wanted to wait and see whats going on before writing about it all. Ya'll have forced my hand here as now I want to show that no matter who one uses there can be issues.