Engine Drivetrain 2nd Gen S Billet Tech DUAL OCC PROTOTYPE IS IN!!!

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by gjn25, Jun 1, 2011.

1. gjn25

gjn25 New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Commercial Photographer
    Palm Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #1 gjn25, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
    After a hot long day today the Billet Technology PROTOTYPE DUAL OCC is in my car for the first set of test on the new mounting point and can set up. WHAT YOU SEE IN THE PIC IS ONLY TO TEST MOUNTING!!! They are working on making new fittings so there will not be and cutting of the pipes at all so what you see in the pics is just a PROTOTYPE and the finished set up will be a very easy clean install for a nice factory finish. (also clear frosted bottoms like the ones installed in my car are an extra option and will not come on the cans unless you upgrade to them on your order cans will come made of all billet as in first pic). Should have something very soon for the N18 as well with 100% fit guaranty.

Let me know what you think, if you have any ideas to make it better or a different idea for mounting let me know as well. As of now it is mounted on a bracket that holds the ABS system (its an open bracket and has 100% no effect on the braking system at ALL!! it just holds the ABS to the wall and is very sturdy.

Youtube vid of set up
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvM4PL6SRdM[/ame]

Attached Files:

2. cop1406

cop1406 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Oink Oink
    Sonora, CA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That looks fantastic. I'm totally looking forward to the production model. Any idea on cost?

3. gjn25

gjn25 New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Commercial Photographer
    Palm Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #3 gjn25, Jun 2, 2011
    Till all the fittings are done and tested they have no clue but they are doing everything they can to make the cost as low as possible and they are going to set up a group buy right off the bat as long as they can see there are people out there that are interested :postcount

4. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    that mount is outstanding. good idea

5. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
  6. TheMadDane

TheMadDane New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Napa
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont suppose there will be any alternative mounting for those of us that have CAI that fill that entire space?

7. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'm not really interested in one of those NAM like group buys, they're generally a train wreck of whining

If they go production, please let us know, I'd very likely purchase (assuming their gonna clean up the Prototype look for a little cleaner appearance)

Thanks for the post!

8. gjn25

gjn25 New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Commercial Photographer
    Palm Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #8 gjn25, Jun 3, 2011
    Yeah, It will be very clean install. What you see in the pics is a very ruff prototype.:biggrin5:

9. gjn25

gjn25 New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Commercial Photographer
    Palm Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just posted a youtube vid of the set up. Please remember this is just a very ruff PROTOTYPE the real production set up will be a very clean and easy install. Here is the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvM4PL6SRdM"]link[/ame] I m also adding it to the OP

10. gjn25

gjn25 New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Commercial Photographer
    Palm Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the transparent cups you see are special order only it will be make of all solid billet. as for them handling the temp yes with out a problem.
    and yes the fitting in the pic you are asking about is set up for O-rings but they are being changed a lill for better and easer install.

11. gjn25

gjn25 New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Commercial Photographer
    Palm Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes the will be a way to mount it for those with CAIs in the way of that spot, against the back wall were your old air box would have been. the motor bay as we all very well know dose not leave much space for us to do much for mounting options... this is what the guys at the billet shop and myself looked like trying to find a good mounting place for this can set up :mad2: :cryin: :deadhorse:

12. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    I think you picked a great mounting spot for the dual OCC. I don't think you could have found anywhere else to get it to fit in the engine bay. And the fact that the spot works with OEM and CAI is even better.:Thumbsup:

13. gjn25

gjn25 New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Commercial Photographer
    Palm Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it was a happy day when they saw that place to mount it. we were all losing it looking for just the right spot. Thank to all of you for the positive feed back, its always nice to hear that people like the work you have put into something

:postcount

14. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Looks very impressive. I really like the mounting point as well. I haven't had a chance to look inside my engine bay yet, but if what your saying is true about how sturdy it is, it will be a good thing

15. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I just bought a catch can kit for my VW and something that it has is a flange that fits between the oil return line from the turbo and the oil pan. The flange has a threaded hole in it that you screw a barbed fitting into to attach a thin silicone hose to that attaches to the bottom of the can. The can then drains straight to the sump and never needs to be emptied. You might want to see if they could look into that for the MINI. It would be a huge selling point. Here's a link:

Flange, Catch Can Oil Drain Flange Adapter - 034 MOTORSPORT

16. gjn25

gjn25 New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Commercial Photographer
    Palm Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the link that is crazy simple and sweet

17. Robin Casady

Robin Casady New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Nov 30, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks good. I hope you will post here when the production models are available.

The drain system seems interesting, but would it need a one-way check valve?

18. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    No check valve needed, the sump is not pressurized.

19. Robin Casady

Robin Casady New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Nov 30, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Isn't there vacuum at the other end? Wouldn't the same forces drawing the oil vapor from the sump be acting on the return tube?

20. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    None of the big motor high horsepower VW tuners use one with their kits. The way it is set up in my VW is if there were forces that would push the accumulated oil, it would push it down into the sump. After the engine is shut off, then it would be gravity that would have it drain into the sump since the can is positioned above the engine and sump. I haven't even seen any accumulation in my can since it drains into the sump, but I guess someone could add a check valve for reassurance.