Black WOW

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Metalman, Apr 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    #1 Metalman, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
    Black WOW, that is some good stuff.
    I washed the MINI and then went over all the plastic parts with a spray solution of 50% denatured alcohol and 50% water. Applied the BW with a micro fiber cloth (stuff even smells good:yesnod:). I decided not to rinse the BW, thinking it would be better with extra time soaking in. Next, I went over all the plastic trim with a clean micro fiber cloth and buffed the parts to even out the BW gloss. The trim looked Beeeeuuuutifulllll.:Thumbsup:

Oh, by the way, I had just mowed the grass the day before and had loose dry clippings on the driveway. I took Fungo Squiggly for a quick drive around the neighborhood. I pulled back into my driveway, got out of the MINI.

WTF...... All of my wheel arches, front and rear lip spoilers, looked like one of those damn ch ch ch chia pets:mad5: I must have generated huge amounts of static electricity. So I'm guessing the water part I skipped would have neutralize the charge? :crazy:

So... here's a thought.....: If I coat my house slippers with BW and do some heavy sliding on the carpet, then sneak up on the cat:yikes: No, better not, PETA might be reading this forum:frown2:

2. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if static has anything to do with it, but after wiping off/down BW after it has sat/soaked in for 1/2 an hour or so, no static cling:Thumbsup:

Glad you like the look, it is the best I've ever found:D

Mark

3. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    :useless

Lets see the clean machine!

4. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Clubman roof trim, on the right BW, on the left, 6 months of no BW.
    [​IMG]

Mark

5. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Mark, you are a dedicated BW rolling testament. You actually went 6 months with BW partially applied on your roof trim?:arf:

Oh, and Nitrominis, no pic's today, we had a couple storms blow through Columbus today.:frown2:

6. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Haha thanks! Dust attraction can often happen after the initial application during the presoaking period. The good thing is that the solution is as simple as rinsing off or waiting until the next car wash and the dust attraction will stop. You couldn't do that with typical trim products because after washing, you would need to reapply and it becomes a vicious cycle.

I loved your post! :D

Richard

7. galoki

galoki New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i applied BW for the first time yeserday... didn't have time to the extra work you did, but the trim looks awesome...better then when I drove it out of the showroom.

However, my neighbor decides to mow the lawn just as I finished drying my car and wouldn't you know it's now coated with grass dust and pollen..ARG!!!

8. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Like I said, it's a temporary problem. If it's been a day since you applied it, just take a wet towel and wipe the trim down. The pollen/grass dust will come off, and so will the excess BW. And once you've done this, you won't have things sticking to the trim anymore.

Richard

9. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Great picture Mark!!!

10. galoki

galoki New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh..the trim is easy to wipe down... it's the rest of the car that needs to be washed again. Georgia has pollen levels that can kill an elephant. when he started mowing it kicked up everything that was in his grass and coated my baby with a nice yellow hue.

just to put this in perspective... Extremely high levels are counted at 150ppm. at the worst(a few weeks ago) we were at 5900pmm.

now I have to wait another week or so to play with all the wonderful Prima products I just recieved from you. Mystique, Clarity and Black Wow were great... i was going to clay bar... but I would not have had enought time to wash again and clay, then wash and Hydro..... oh...and watch my 4yr old. Had to wash out my mit a few times after he dropped them on the ground...DOH!

11. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Oohhhh that makes me feel better, lol. Thanks for the heads up. I've seen that yellow pollen dust at the Dragon!

Haha 4 year olds are great!!! This is my son when he was 2 and a half claybarring a MINI I was working on. Start them young!!

[​IMG]

12. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    And I thought we had it bad in Columbus.:eek6: You might want to check your cabin filter on the MINI, after the pollen season is over.:Thumbsup:

13. Jakedog

Jakedog New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    San Antonio, Tejas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here in south Texas we had oak pollen counts of 40,000 pcm. Usually we don't get past 16,000 pcm on a heavy year. The oak has tapered off but now the pecan is out.

I got my Black Wow a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It's been an exercise in futility to even keep the car clean for more than an hour or two. Hopefully the tassels will finish falling in a week and I can give my dirty Mini the detailing it deserves.