Blackout

Discussion in 'Middle Tennessee MINIs' started by shawnf711, Aug 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. shawnf711

shawnf711 New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have joined the blackout bandwagon, what do you think? here is two pics one during and one when done.

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Looks nice and clean.

3. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Funny, I have those same sandals.

4. drabdub

drabdub Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    im working on doing this too. how did you do the grill and headlight rings?

5. shawnf711

shawnf711 New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was very simple (most of it that is) the grill was probably the hardest/weirdest thing to detach, but after that i cleaned the parts with windex really good then alcohol then sprayed the grill. The headlight rings were very easy to detach from the headlight, just take your time make sure you don not break the clips. I had the rings on the ground to spray after they dry make sure you get the sides good or you will still see the chrome. The lower part of the grill I taped the bumper up and sprayed it. I did not feel like taking the bumper off. I did the same with the back hatch chrome piece. Only difference is that i took the screws out to let it hang out then taped it up. I also sprayed the side corner light plastic pieces(side scuttles). They are super easy to get out. The reason I did not sand is because I used plastidip spray and if I wanted too I could take it off if I wanted too. hope this helps would be glad to give any more advice if you need it. It is super easy just take your time and it will turn out great!