Entertainment Electronics 1st Gen Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by MiniG, Apr 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MiniG

MiniG New Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I just bought my 2005 Mini Cooper S yesterday and I was wondering what is the best way to go about adding the Bluetooth. It is equipped with the mic and steering wheel control. It would be very helpful since I'm learning how to drive a stick. Should I upgrade to a new stereo or add the add on? Where is the best place to get these items for the best price?

Thanks
    G

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  3. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    The Audiovox DICE Mediabridge kit also works well, and enables the steering wheel buttons.

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I have a gold tooth. :lol:

Welcome to M\A

5. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!

The best way would be, to forget about your phone while you are driving, because you are supposed to be DRIVING! ;)

6. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to ma!

7. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    I used that Ant device for a while, but decided I didn't want anyone else to hear the other side of my conversations whilst driving..... It did work pretty well though and it's portable.

8. Sleek Motoring

Sleek Motoring Local Shop Owner

Dec 7, 2014
    Mini repair shop owner
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    Whats the best option for streaming bluetooth audio to the factory system? I want to keep everything from the factory working. The only component that I am replacing out of the factory system is the HK amp. I am replacing it with a marine JL 600/6 retaining all factory functionality.

I do not care about the hands free phone option, just want to stream audio from my iphone.

Does anyone know if the Dension BT gateways will work with our cars, it says mini but how well does it actually integrate with the factory system? I have one in my Audi that works like it was installed from the factory. Hop in the car,turn the radio on and go! works with phone calls and streaming music retaining all factory functions!

Amazon.com : Dension Gateway Lite BT GBL3BM1/A2DP non-text BMW, Mini and Rover iPod iPhone/USB/AUX/Bluetooth Interface Adaptor : Electronics : Car Electronics

9. 05r50

05r50 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +697 / 0 / -0
    With a parrot system and a custom wire harness from newministuff.com in the UK you can have a top notch steering wheel control BT system for handsfree calls.

On the cheap side you can add the $30 aux input cable from MINI and then a $20 BT aux in unit from amazon. It plugs to the aux and gives streaming music and calls. Sound is ok and calls are reasonable. If you are an audiophile, this is not your solution.

I have done both and the expensive one sounds better, but I don't need that quality. I just need to answer the phone when the wife calls to tell me to pick up something for dinner.

10. Sleek Motoring

Sleek Motoring Local Shop Owner

Dec 7, 2014
    Mini repair shop owner
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    I looked on the site, which harness and which parrot system? Thanks for the info!