Brakes Wheels 2nd Gen Tires brakeperformance.com Ever heard of them?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Vernon29RW, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Vernon29RW

Vernon29RW New Member

May 22, 2009
    Pat-Med, NY
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So I have an '05 R53 and I've been delaying replacing my brakes in hopes that I would eventually come across a take off kit or calipers from someone for a reasonable price but I haven't had much luck in finding anything either local (to save on hefty shipping prices), distant for a fair price, or someone just looking to sell the calipers and not try to get money for used stuff like rotors and pads!! So in my frustration I started looking around to see where else I could buy R56 calipers and that's when I came across Brake Rotors Discs Pads Brakes Cross Drilled & Slotted They have semi loaded calipers for $135 a piece and you can even get them powder coated. This price is alot lower than what people are asking for used take off parts that they didn't really pay for. Problem is I've never heard of them and I can't find any info on the company on any of the enthusiast sites to find past experiences with them. If anyone has any input please let me know. I'm about to give up on my hunt for takeoffs and just go with these.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    If legit, that's a decent price price.

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    It looks legit. They have a physical address and phone number listed. The site is quite detailed so there is a fairly high cost for them to be in biz. Not many scammers would go to all that trouble.

No idea of quality though and free brake pads, well you have to be suspect of the quality of those pads for a vehicle like ours.

4. Vernon29RW

Vernon29RW New Member

May 22, 2009
    Pat-Med, NY
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I wasn't really suspect that they weren't a legit company, more of the quality factor. I should have been more clear before. Yes the free brake pads is a no no. I'd only be looking to use their caliper. I have only been able to find these guys and Centric offering an aftermarket solution to R56 caliper.

Steve

5. Vollgas

Vollgas New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I would be leery.
    Anybody can have a fancy website.
    Dealt with same type of company on Ebay.
    Rotors were Chinese junk.
    Calipers were Wilwood knock offs.
    Deal with TCE!
    Todd will treat you right and you'll get the best service you'll find!

6. Vernon29RW

Vernon29RW New Member

May 22, 2009
    Pat-Med, NY
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I saw those Wilwood kits on eBay!! Very funny stuff. Yes I know Todd @ TCE is a great guy and he delivers top notch parts for sure. Just read basically any post he ever makes! LOL He's certainly full of great information. I'm just not looking to spend that much on some brakes. Hence the reason why I was originally looking for takeoffs to save a few bucks. I'm certainly not a "track rat" and probably won't be any time soon due to my horrific work scheduling so I really just want something that will look a little better and have a little better braking if I do ever make it to a track day, which I would love!

Steve

7. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Appreciate the pad on the back...

Good for a physical addy; that helps. Not a 'laptop' retailer.

The issue of Chinese junk however is a tough one. Other than the known oe replacements from BMW (and whomever makes them) I don't know of one aftermarket company today that sells something not Chinese or maaaaybe from Mexico.

The vast majority (did I mention most of?) the parts coming in are all Chinese and just fancied up here with slots and holes and dimples and diamonds then plated, plated, painted or frozen to near perfection for you the consumer to pick from. (hmm, that was pretty good huh?)

Comparing a rotor visually would be quite hard to do. Stock replacements might be just the air gap width and the number of vanes?? No way to really tell what it's cast of. But the box always looks great. Unless you get some (as I do for some other needs) the box is cheap white cardboard and funky thin tape.

Man I wish I was the one bringing in the containers though!

8. Vernon29RW

Vernon29RW New Member

May 22, 2009
    Pat-Med, NY
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah again I'm not really looking to possibly purchase anything from this company except for calipers. Can the Chinese screw up caliper too? Deformed piston maybe? Piston boots that don't fit properly? I'm just guessing, throwing stuff out there.