Mini News Most liked posts in thread: Breaking: 2014 F56 MINI Spotted

1. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    MINI/BMW purposely adds fakeness to all their camouflaged test vehicles to generate confusion and speculation. I'm confident they know what they are doing from a design standpoint.... Word has it the MINI pictured has a R56 bonnet grafted over the real nose, so I'm not too worried about the funky overhang...... I just hope they make all the "Prince" issues go away.

2. syn3rgy

syn3rgy New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is it me or are minis getting uglier has time goes on? Still think the R53 has the best shape...

3. FranticFreddy

FranticFreddy Drive-N-Eat
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Some Where between here and there.
    Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I see everyone is having fun picking apart the latest version of our beloved MINI. And it sure is fun at that. Let's just go with the fact that if you own an R50/53 your going to hate everything that comes after. And if you own an R56 your going to hate everything that comes after. But if you buy an F56, then your just going to love it! But your going to hate everything that comes after anyway.

So that being said. I hate it. (I love my R53 and my daughters R50 and begrudgingly I like my wife's R58.)

4. grodenglaive

grodenglaive New Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Maybe its just the squigles, but it seems a lot longer. Did they use the clubman chassis?

5. jamesday24

jamesday24 Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Orlando, Florida
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    But there actually is a crease over the front wheel arches. You can see it in the photos where the sun shines on it.

6. DarkSi08

DarkSi08 New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    That hood is just.... tremendous. I think they're trying to make it look like a shoe.

Here's to hoping they elongated the front for camouflage. One of the best parts about the Mini is the absolutely minimal front/rear overhang. If they stretch that nose out like that, and increase overhang, and it's actually the way it'll look going into production.... Well, that just won't do. :)

7. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    No hood scoop.......a Justa?

8. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    #4 Metalman, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    Not liking the funky mirror shroud. Hope that doesn't make it into production. Hope the tail lights are just to throw us off, as they don't flow with the shape of the vehicle. Bonnet's getting too long. The whole car needs to be reduced in size. They are going the wrong way. It's supposed to be MINI....:frown2:

9. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    +1
    I don't like this at all :frown2:

10. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    Given the lack of decerning features on the front and the off-set exhaust I'd say this is the "Justa" version of the F56.

I think the camo is doing a good job throwing off your eye. The proportions aren't dissimilar to the R53 or R56. Same goes for size. I could be mistaken but the rims looks to be 16" dia given the amount of rubber and exposed driver as a general size reference. If that is so it really isn't longer or bigger by any significant amount.

11. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Yeah! That's what I want, a MINI with Panty Waist Hair Dresser Interior Decorator yellow/black Camouflage.:devil::ihih::arf::drool:Thumbsup:

Jason

12. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    One good thing is:::

It still looks like a Mini. At least they did not screw up the Mini look of the car. It is hard to tell what the final outcome will be but at least it still is the great body design we all came to like.:postcount

13. Mr. Toad

Mr. Toad New Member

May 18, 2010
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    It might just be the camouflage, but it looks like the boot lid has weird cutouts around the tail lights.

14. minsanity

minsanity Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +378 / 0 / -0
    More like a new LIFAN than a MINI to me.:confused:

15. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    I sure hope that the overall length of the bonnet is due to the camoflage. That is a SERIOUSLY long bonnet and a front overhang that belongs on a Chrysler product from the mid-80s.

I'm interested in the area where the rear side glass meets the boot glass. It looks like the bean counters got ahold of the design and took out the old curved glass back there and replaced it with some triangular plastic bits. :(

The front windshield looks like it has much more rake to it than before... closer to the coupe windshield than to the R56 hard-top windshield.

Right now, I'm not a big fan, but I'm sure that it's too disguised for me to form a rational opinion right now. I'm biased anyway... anything that changes it from an R53 is a move in the wrong direction! :D :p

16. bluefox280

bluefox280 New Member

May 9, 2012
    Mechanical Engineer
    Westminster, CO
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Is there any concrete info on F5x platform dash / instrument cluster design?
    I know there's been tons of speculation it'll have more a of 'conventional' dash and instrument read-out compared to the previous two generations.

- Erik

17. Motormax

Motormax New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    I'm CEO/Owner of GGS (Gryphon Global Services) a i
    Beautiful Tampa Bay Florida
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The tail lights shown are phoney.. the real one's are underneath the wrap. Mirrors I think are a throw off as well. The roof seems to have more of a pronounced slope. Can't believe they still have the old style antenna.. LOL The front looks more elongated and it's profile reminds me a lot of the Mazda. This prob makes the MINI a bit more slippery aerodynamics wise.. but def not as ascetically pleasing. The wrap is either covering a hood scoop, and if so it is much wider then the current variety.. or its going to have a pronounced "bump" like the current countryman has now. Over all though as enticing as these photos are... to early to call... LOL

18. Pops Racer

Pops Racer New Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    dunh!!!, dunh!, dunh...

19. pmsummer

pmsummer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Semi-retired planner
    Jack Coffee Hays County, The Republic of Texas
    Ratings: