1st Gen R53 Cooper S Most liked posts in thread: Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport

1. WolfGTI

WolfGTI Active Member

May 21, 2009
    NJ
    Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0
    I am running these in the 215/45/17 size on my 2002 Cooper S. They performed very well at Deals Gap for MOTD. They did well in the rain on the way back as well. Overall I am very satisfied with them.

2. gkp

gkp New Member

May 7, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have them and they are an excellent compromise for both road and track, and they last longer than many track-worthy tires.

3. k-huevo

k-huevo Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Pipe Creek, Texas
    Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -0
    I have them also, they're heavier than most performance tires of the same size, and because they have round shoulder construction, tread-width is narrower than most. The sidewall is a bit soft and combined with shoulder shape, they seem to like higher air pressure for sharper transition response. Relatively quiet tires, but not "wow that's quiet" like Michelin PS or Avon M500.

4. bee1000

bee1000 New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Marketing
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how I missed this post before. I have about 4000 miles on mine and I like them quite a bit.

They aren't as sticky as my Goodyear GS-D3s were, but I had all the grip I needed when I took them up to the mountains a couple weeks ago. Plus, they have a more compliant ride than the Goodyears, they've done fine in the limited rain they've been in, and they have a high treadware rating. My steering seems to be more sensitive with my current set-up, but that could be the suspension and poly bushings in the front A-arms.

The only experience I have is with Continental ExtremeContract DW tires and those were terrible in the dry. They followed every freeway groove they could find even after they were broken in.

I recommend the Bridgestone as a good compromise between ability, price and wear for a daily driver.

5. theCapn

theCapn New Member

May 13, 2009
    Upstate, SC
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm on my 2nd set. Like 'em a lot. Quiet and they have some great traction.

They even held up to a Carolina Motorsports Park (Kershaw, SC) track day.