ByteTronik Logging now works with Virtual Dyno software

Discussion in 'Bytetronik Tuning Discussion- Archive only' started by jason@MynesTuned, Jul 11, 2011.

1. jason@MynesTuned

jason@MynesTuned New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    #1 jason@MynesTuned, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
    Now supported for Bytetronik FullAccess users:

[​IMG]

On graph - Horsepower, Torque and Boost pressure

Download here:
    VirtualDyno.com

This works with Bytetronik log files. I will explain about triggers function within the logging "logcfg" file on your MINIPort MicroSDCard to make your dyno runs come out correctly.

The triggers works by setting a start log and end log depending on parameters being logged. For dyno mode setting, your triggers would look something like this if enable:

conditionrpn = PedalAng%,95.0,>,RPM,1900,>,&&
    action = start

conditionrpn = PedalAng%,5.0,<
    action = stop

How it looks when disabled:

;conditionrpn = PedalAng%,95.0,>,RPM,1900,>,&&
    ;action = start

;conditionrpn = PedalAng%,5.0,<
    ;action = stop

Notice the ";" in front of the condition and action when you would want logging to log as normal.

The start condition - PedalAng% must be greater than 95.0% and RPM must be greater than 1900 RPM. This would allow the log file to start around 1950 to 2000 RPM (beginning of the dyno run)

The stop condition - PedalAng% must less than 5.0% ONLY regardless of RPM to stop the log.

Scenario - Choose either 3rd gear or 4th gear, set triggers in your logcfg file mention above. Somewhere around 2000RPM go full throttle and let off before your rev limit and the log would stop. Open this log file in Virtual dyno, choose vehicle and which gear it was tested in. Voila, you would be able to see your HP and TQ numbers from the log file.

Enjoy

2. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Very cool :cornut: How much does, "Virtual Dyno", cost?

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    As little or as much as you would like. Notice the PayPal Donate button on the site and in the software. Please note, it is Windows only.

My dreams are filled with a version of all this that I could connect wirelessly with an iPad2.

4. jason@MynesTuned

Jan 10, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's free of charge

5. jason@MynesTuned

Jan 10, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I finally purchase a MacBook Pro so I can get more familiar with Mac hardware and software for development and testing. :wink:

6. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Now I just need Steve to reinstall my LC1 and I'm there :Thumbsup: Yea the iPad would be cool. Since my wife has gotten hers my computer is rarely on anymore :lol:

7. jason@MynesTuned

Jan 10, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Make you use these settings in Virtual Dyno for the MINI:

Go to "File"

Click on "Options"

Click the "Custom Tab"

Type in the field " 0.73"

This would give the reading close to an actual dyno number than the defaults of DynoJet, Mustang Dyno, or Virtual Dyno settings in the Virtual Dyno software.

Here is a picture below how it should look like:

[​IMG]

You can choose to see kW for horsepower and Nm for Torque if you like as well.