Most liked posts in thread: Call for fellow Auto-Xers! Need advice!

1. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Do you know how to chalk/mark your tires to help with pressures. In 4 spots around the edge of the tread by the sidewall will be a small maybe 1/4" triangle. The tip of it is where your tire manufacture claims is the "edge" of your tire. You want to be scrubbing/scuffing to that point. If not getting there either go faster or down on air pressure. If scuffed past it your either "pushing" or need more air. This will all change as you make driving changes.. Practice Practice Practice, and if your author x club does a school that is a big help..

2. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    On the sweeper, if you go a bit wider, you might be able to come out of the turn with a bit more speed. If you are going too fast in the turns, the car will understeer slightly so you have to turn you steering wheel a lot harder. It's a fine balance of speed and cornering. Slowing down slightly means less steering movement on your part, your car will change direction faster and your overall time will come down a bit.

Every set up is slightly different so if you keep doing this with your car, your times will come down with experience. It's not about how fast you can make your car accelerate, it's about optimizing the car's ability to tackle the course.

A mid setting on your swaybar is fine. Again is about balance. If you use a stiff setting, your car may understeer less, but you get less warning when the rear tires lose traction and break loose on you.

That's Pitt Meadows you were at? :Thumbsup:

3. mini_aaron

mini_aaron New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the reply!
    Yup I know chalking,, and I'm scrubbing to the top~1/2 of the triangle on front, and just tip of the triangle on the rear.
    It looks like my rear tires have no chance to be rolled in because of the inner wheel is being lifted(driving on 3 wheels) pretty often even with my sway bar setting in "middle".

As you suggested, I've been to the driving school with new setup prior to have this cup event, but still need more time/trials to use my car's potential. :)

4. mini_aaron

mini_aaron New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    And I used 40/36 tire pressure(cool) went up 45/38(hot)