CALLING ALL MINIs & Minis…or at least 10 of you!!!

Discussion in 'MINI5280' started by BLU BY U, Jul 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BLU BY U

BLU BY U Club Coordinator

Jul 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I have been working with the new MINI of Loveland dealership marketing manager. We have been invited to their Official ground-breaking ceremony on Wednesday, August 26th beginning at 10am. This date happens to be the 50th birthday of MINI. Festivities include a MINI reception, ribbon cutting and more.

To participate, us MINIs would need to be there early by about 9:00 am - 9:30 am.* *see below

*They would like to see at least 10 (or more) :D MINI club members with their MINIs to be "Front and Center" for the Official kick-off photo op!
    The northern Colorado location is off of I-25 at the Crossroads Blvd exit at the Motorplex. The Motorplex conveniently runs along I-25, so no traveling into the town of Loveland is required…it's just south of the nations' largest Hooters and Thunder Mountain Harley Davidson.

The addition of this dealership is a great opportunity for northern Colorado MINIs and it would be great to show them MINI support and pride as a club.

She is asking for a head-count, so within the next few weeks, please tentatively sign-up on the calendar so I can get a rough-count to give to her.

This date is still far out, but planning now and taking part in this would be a unique MINI Experience!

[​IMG]

2. MINIMaybee

MINIMaybee Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I've added a calendar sign-up at: GroundBreaking

This is an important event to establish a relationship with the new MINI dealership. I for one will really try to be there.

3. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    you call 9:00-9:30a.m. early :confused:.We would be drinking our 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee by then :eek:ut:. Either we are crazy or you all are lazy :D.

All in all I hope you get more then 10 MINIs to show up and support :cornut:

4. BLU BY U

Jul 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Early as in be there early before the event starts :crazy:

5. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    #5 putterfarm, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    That's what I mean :D. Last week-end at the PVGP we started gathering by 7:30-8:00 :eek:ut:. Yea we're nuts but don't forget we drive MINIs :crazy:.
    Anyone that drives a cabriolet, top down, in the rain or washes their MINIs in the rain is, well you can figure it out :ihih:.

p.s. there were over 70 of us, drinking coffee, eating "Bubba's Homemade Nut Rolls" and getting our pictures taken. We had a great time !!!

I sincerely hope you have a good turn out because playing with MINIs is great fun.

6. MINIMaybee

MINIMaybee Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Obviously someone who does not know MINI5280. Early, 7:30, really? Come out sometime and we'll teach you a thing or two about early (and coffee). :lol:
    This is way off topic so let's move it back please.

7. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    You're right and best of luck with everything :cornut:.
    If I lived out your way I would support you. You sound like people I'd get along with :crazy:.

Mark

8. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Yes, we do early. I personally don't do early well, but I will get up for coffee and to support a new dealership. :D

Putterfarm, sound like you need a road-trip, come on out for the opening! A short drive for you. :rolleyes5: :lol:

9. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    SHORT !!!

Yea, short trips I do. If you want to send $ to cover my gas, rooms & food (I'll buy my own beer) I'll come out and help support your anything :crazy:.

You sound like good fun people and I'd like to meet you all some day :cornut:.

Mark (Farkle)

10. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Mark, think MITM in 2010. Road trip, hit the places on the way out. :D

Sorry, I'm short on $$, I have a daughter's wedding and a tune coming up. :eek: :)

11. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    old81

Congratulations to your daughter, I hope she will be as happily married as I have been blessed to have been :D.
    Hope your tune comes out on top.
    Ya never know what 2010 will bring. We do the "Dragon" in spring and if nothing breaks or I don't need new rubber I might still have some extra $$$.

Later, Mark :arf:

12. BLU BY U

Jul 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    One week to go for the Ground Breaking at MINI of Loveland. We are at about 23 MINIs, this will be great!

13. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget the pictures...we want to see lots of pictures off all these MINIs breaking ground.

14. BLU BY U

Jul 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Here is the final invite with details and such.
    [​IMG]
    The owner Christina has invited us to do a small drive around the area too afterward. Then we would do our Run. See everyone Wed. morning!
    Rich

15. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    This was a well attended event. Visit our area over at NAM for lots of picture and video links.

If you on FB, visit it directly for some posted vids by rudebox.

Nice to have 2 dealers in Colorado come Spring 2010.

Don

16. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'm real glad you had a good turn out :cornut:. That's what being a MINI owner is all about :aureola:.
    Besides, picking on each other and doing things together life doesn't get any better :popcorn:.

Mark