Car Show! Need judges and volunteers.

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 12 (April 30 - May 4, 2014) - ' started by BillTheCat, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

BillTheCat is back on Car Show duty this year. I don't know if that is a good thing or not, but it is the way of things. :cornut:

I need to solicit volunteers to help park cars, distribute ballots & entry placards, count votes, and possibly work a popcorn machine.

I would like volunteers to arrive by 1:00 for the 2:00 show start, as entrants will want to arrive early to park & shine/prep. I would be tickled pink if I got 6-8 people to commit. Can probably get by OK with as few as 4, but it might be tough during peak parking time.

---------------------------------------------------

I have decided to shake things up a little bit. In my previous car shows, the ballot counting was overwhelming, and I wanted to streamline that a bit. Towards that end, some of the categories will be voted upon by judges, and the rest will be voted on by the general public.

I am looking for 5 VERY honest and trustworthy people from DIFFERENT states & clubs to act as judges for the MINI Class categories (Hardtop, Cabrio, Clubman, Countryman, Coupe, Roadster, Paceman, and Classic Mini). Qualifications:

1- The ability to honestly turn off your personal attachment to friends, clubs, regions, etc. and vote without bias.

2- Good knowledge of MINI Cooper models, options, mods, etc.

3- 2+ hours of free time on Saturday, May 3 from 1pm-4pm. Show is 2p-4p, but I would like judges there early to get familiar with the process as I see it, and I may also put you to work parking cars. lol

Please reply here or PM me if you like. And feel free to nominate someone you know as a judge, as long as you provide me clear contact info for them.

PLEASE be clear if you are offering yourself as a VOLUNTEER or a JUDGE (or both) when replying to this thread or contacting me.

Thanks!

BTC

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    #2 Nathan, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Bill, I'll help with judging. I can't be down on the show field till after registration is complete on Saturday. Probably around 1ish after cleanup and all.

To be clear, offering myself a JUDGE.

Edit....

Umm..Nevermind. I was reminded by the Snooter I have a previous engagement during that time. Sorry about that, I cannot be a JUDGE.

3. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Tease. :fingerscrossed:

4. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Hey Bill, I may be able to help judge. It's a little to early to tell right now but I'll let you know soon. I am the Head Concourse Judge for the National TR6/TR250 Car Club, 6-PACK.org so I've got a little experience ;-)