Exterior 1st Gen Carbonized

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by KC Jr 54, Aug 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    #1 KC Jr 54, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
    Just curious if we can get carbonized to re-post his creations. Last i saw of his creations was the custom rear diffuser, and he mentioned about doing a full under belly.

I would LOVE to see more of the old work, and anything that has happened since the "great loss of 2010".

2. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that was one of the significant losses of the big data dump. I'll add my vote to those hoping to see at least some of the good stuff from his lost thread come back, but I'm sure it was a lot of work to post it up and it's all gone; pics gone from the database, etc.

3. beaner

beaner New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    i'll give him a call and pass along the request. i have seen all his work up close and it is very impressive.

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I feel really bad about losing all that info. Even dug into Google Cache and the Internet Archives looking for it to no avail.

5. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Nathan it happens. It happened to myself and a group of friends w/ a local auto forum, on one of ourr own small servers. The CPU temps kept creeping up, and would just shut the machine down. To make everything "easy" we actually used like 6 cans of canned air, held up-side down on the CPU, just so we could "back-up" all the info. After 2 hrs of this, it was backed-up, we were out of canned air, aaaaaaand all the info was corrupted at some point in the transfer.

We had more then enough pissed off people, but they got over it.

I just hope carbon comes back and realizes there is quite the following to his work...

6. carbonized

carbonized New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I just bumped into this thread, wow it has been a while! Nothing much has happened on my car since the diffuser exept maybe some dive planes:ihih:.I will try to repost some pics latter next week! Now for the other stuff, if I may post a link here there is a long old thread on the other site that covers the rear seat delete, rearview mirrors, and sunroof delete in details. I still plan to finish the splitter and full flat floor but as usual I got myself in too many projects at once and it will take some time to get there.
    Thanks for the kind words about my work.

7. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Awesome to see you still active.

Personally, ive read all the your other posts in detail, so i am more interested your diffuser project, and the future ones.

Which i had the ability to do half the things you have accomplished with carbon fiber.

8. ChrisMCS04

ChrisMCS04 New Member

May 12, 2009
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I would love to see if carbonized is still around and if he still has photos. Miss seeing your work LG.

9. beaner

beaner New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I haven't seen Laurent in a while and his old phone number doesn't work. i'll stop by Champion Audi's race shop and see if they know where he is hiding.

10. ChrisMCS04

ChrisMCS04 New Member

May 12, 2009
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks beaner!