So, I decided to replace the rubber brake hoses with braided SS hoses. At first it was a very simple job (loosen 2 nuts, remove rubber hose, attach braided hose). The fronts took about 5 minutes each, but on both rear lines the attachment nut (where the steel line connects to the hose) was rusted onto the steel line. When I thought I was loosening the nut, I was actually twisting the brake line! It snapped off and I ran around trying to find something to plug the end, while brake fluid was running out (ended up using epoxy putty). I ended up paying for a tow and had to have both rear brake lines replaced. The mechanic said it is pretty common for those fitting to rust on. It's a pretty dumb design. Anyway, if you are planning to replace your brake hoses, be sure to soak the fittings with penetrating oil at least a day before and be careful.