CCMC - Laguna Seca Porsche Reunion - Oct 15

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mini Coopers' started by quikmni, Sep 20, 2011.

1. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    We are planning a caravan drive to Laguna Seca (Monterey, CA) on Saturday Oct 15 for the Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV.

This is a once every four years event and the first time it has been held on the west coast.

Here is a link to info on Laguna Seca website:
    Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Here is a link to info on the Porsche website:
    Porsche Rennsport Reunion

The event schedule is attached.

Advanced ticket prices are:
    Saturday $40 ($60 day of event)
    Sunday $40 ($60 day of event)
    Saturday & Sunday $50 ($70 day of event)

You can purchase tickets at:
    https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_planlist.htmI?l=EN&CNTX=1c117769099c454b42fd5bf73cf97b36&team=laguna&selID=81
    or at the track for $20 more.

I am currently planning this for a Saturday only trip.
    5:30 AM Leave Santa Maria
    8:30 AM Parked at Laguna Seca
    6:00 PM BBQ dinner in dirt parking lot (while traffic subsides)
    9:45 PM Back in Santa Maria

I expect this to be a huge event so I want to leave early in the morning. There are already 800 Porsches registered to park in the Porsche Car Corral area. There is no non-Porsche VIP parking available because the Porsches are taking up all the normally available VIP parking lots. No parking near the track for us this time.

I picked going on Saturday because the concourse is on Saturday afternoon plus we will see all classes of cars on the track. I am hoping to see everything in one day. If there is interest in going for two days we might still be able find a reasonally priced hotel ($100).

Attached Files:

2. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Below is a link to photos I posted from our October event at the Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV held at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, CA. Mike M and I attened the event from the club. Rennsport is Porsche's racing arm so the event was focused on Porsche race cars. There were 50+ museum cars, 350+ historically significant race cars, and 1300+ Porsches in the car corral. The pits were filled with remarkable race cars many of which I remember watching race. Porsche also had many museum cars at the event. The infield was filled with vendor displays and a car show. The car corral parking areas were filled with Porsches. It was an amazing event.

Most of the photos have titles that define the car, such as the year and model. I also added notes to many of the photos to provide additional information.

If you view in slideshow mode I suggest you select "show info" to see the titles and descriptions. You can also adjust the slideshow speed slower or faster depending on your interest level. If you do not view as a slideshow, you can view in "Detail" mode to see the titles and descriptions.

The set includes 150 photos in the following sequence:
    - Race cars, oldest to newest
    - Engines
    - Pit Row Concourse
    - Misc cars in pits
    - Infield car show
    - Car Corral
    - Other parking
    - Various shots

Porsche Rennsport Reunion Photos:
    10/15/11: Porsche Rennsport Reunion - a set on Flickr

If interested in the event, ESPN has been showing a one hour show highlighting the event. Search for Rennsport to find a day/time to record the show.