CCMC - SuperCar Sunday - 06/22/2014

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mini Coopers' started by quikmni, Jul 7, 2014.

1. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Both Mike D (with Vicki) and Matt J from CCMCs attended the SuperCar Sunday in Woodland Hills, CA on Sunday June 22, 2014 plus the drive to Lavaggio's in Agoura Hills, CA for lunch.

Here is a link to photos of SuperCar Sunday, drive, and lunch:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ccmc_club/sets/72157645442554283/

SuperCar Sunday is an informal gathering of gear heads with many makes and models of cars in attendance. There is usually a good turnout of super cars thus the event name. Mini Cooper was the marque car for this Sunday’s car gathering. There were about 40 Mini Coopers at the gathering, many from the SCMM club (Southern California Mini Maniacs). Overall there were a couple hundred cars at the gathering. If ever in the west San Fernando Valley on a Sunday morning it is worth going to the SuperCar Sunday gathering.

After SuperCar Sunday, about 25 MINIs took a 50 mile drive to lunch through the Santa Monica Mountains (see map in photo album). The drive was led by Scott from Motoring Magic (Mini Cooper repair shop in Thousand Oaks). We started down Topanga Canyon, headed west on Mulholland Drive, then turned south up the twisty Stunt Road and took a break at the top of Stunt Rd with beautiful views towards the Pacific Ocean. After the short break we headed south on Schueren Rd then west on Piuma Rd (another fun twisty road) to Malibu Canyon Rd. We went south on Malibu Canyon Rd down to Pacific Coast Highway (PCH or CA-1). We then went West (North) on PCH along the Pacific Ocean to Decker Rd (aka CA-23). My GP died on PCH near Trancas and after a little troubleshooting, it needed a battery disconnect/connect to get going again. We headed north with a drive up and down the very twisty Decker Rd to Westlake and US-101.

After the drive we headed to Lavaggio – The Art of Auto Detailing in Agoura Hills for a catered lunch (green salad, fruit salad, sandwiches, chips, and cookies). Thank you to Scott from Motoring Magic for sponsoring the lunch. Lavaggio is a beautiful operation and we had a delicious lunch on their patio. If you need a car wash or detail and are in the Agoura Hills area, check this place out. You can eat lunch on the patio while your car is being washed.

2. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you all had a great time Mike! My guess is that I was passing through New Mexico and into Texas whilst you were there...

3. Motoring Magic

Motoring Magic New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Dec 13, 2009
    Motoring Magic Owner, Ventura County's ONLY MINI s
    Thousand Oaks, Vta cty, socal
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    it was a great time, glad you came down! fabulous pictures--did a throttle assy make your car behave again?

4. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I did install a new throttle assy and all is OK so far but I have only put about 20 miles on the car since the install and the problem only previously occurred twice in a 1000 miles or so. I have my fingers crossed.