VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
  3. jpropane

jpropane New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Alain Lauzière, driver of the Octane Motorsport MINI Cooper S, captured win number 3 this year in the Touring class, part of the Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship, during the event disputed at the icar circuit in Mirabel, Québec on Saturday June 27, 2009.

“Our weekend started well as we were able to put the MINI Original Parts on the pole position†mentioned Lauzière, capturing the important 5 extra championship points in the process.

After keeping the lead at the start, Lauzière would have to resist the assaults of a hard-charging Nigel Heron, driving an Acura. â€It was time for this race to end as I wasn`t sure how much longer I would have been able to resist†mentioned the Simone Performance Imports-sponsored driver.

The Sunday race also offered good battles for the lead in the Touring class between Anthony Rapone, Héron and Lauzière. â€I was blocked at the start and Rapone was able to move ahead. We passed each other a few times, but I did not have the handling today to battle with them todayâ€. Rapone and Héron would battle each other right in front of Lauzière after the MINI Cooper`s tires would degrade rapidly. The podium ceremonies were particularly appreciated by the fans as Jacques Villeneuve, the Formula 1 World-Champion would distribute the trophies. Lauzière would step on the lowest step of the podium.

The Octane team will be back on-track on July 10-11-12 in the streets of Downtown Toronto to participate in the INDY car Grand Prix of Toronto. The team’s participation is facilitated by the support of MINI Original Parts, Simone Performance Imports, Castrol Canada (Wakefield), Birchmount Collision, MINI Original Accessories, Cruisecanada.com and BULLY clutches.

Video of the Sunday race can be found at: [ame=http://www.vimeo.com/5369541]Octane Motorsport Icar Mirabel June 28 CCTCC on Vimeo[/ame]

Pictures by Yanick Gougeon for Flagworld

4. jpropane

jpropane New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0