Classic Car Rescue :: Mini Cooper Restoration

Discussion in 'Classic Mini' started by Steve, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIViZf3-n9M]classic car rescue Mini cooper Restoration - YouTube[/ame]

2. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Loved it! Thanks for sharing that!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    This one isn't a Mini but I know at least one other M/A member will get a real kick out of it.

E-Type Jaaaaag. :Thumbsup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtEHgOi-txk"]Classic Car Rescue - Season 1 Episode 1 HD - YouTube[/ame]

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Didn't that guy Bernie have another show? I seem to remember him doing a show from Bangladesh of all places, Bangla Brangers me thinks.

5. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Yes, he did - it was even more ridiculous than this show......although at first I really appreciated the little peek into the lives and customs of the locals, and how much they did with almost nothing (ie: removing old tired paint with broken hacksaw blades and a lot of busy hands, pulling an engine using old fan belts and a board and a lot of "lifters" etc)) but after a while even this couldn't overcome the absurd behavior and boorishness of the hosts.

I don't understand why "entertainment" today seems to have to include at least one loud, obnoxious, over the top ********* like him, but it's epidemic anymore......

while trying to watch a TV show last night, every single commercial break featured the same ad for another TV show, the one with the blong long haired bounty hunter and his absurdly costumed wife (?) stabbing an American flag into the ground, and therefore saving humanity from bond skippers?

But back to this show for a minute.....I'm not sure the point, and I darn sure don't believe they repaired that Mini even to that standard for only £2400 ($3500) including labor.

I will watch the Jag one just for fun, but with all it's shortcomings, at least the hosts on Wheeler Dealers aren't nasty, foul mouthed jerks.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Yup, the hosts definitely take away. I try to tune out the shouting and over-the-top drama so I can watch what's actually being done...and the numbers and valuation biz mean nothing to me. Confrontation and manufactured drama keep me away from most shows these days but at least in some of these car restoration shows I get to see a side of classic cars I've never had the chance to see before.