2nd Gen R55 Clubman Clutch lifespan?????

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Silver Ghost, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Person Moved On

Person Moved On New Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My '09 CLubman JCW is about 1000 miles from end of warranty so I'm guessing I've got about 1001 miles before mine goes :wink:

But I hope not - seems tight & quiet... :fingerscrossed:

2. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    The other day my wife beat me to the car keys and drove. We were at a stop light and she her foot mushed down on the clutch pedal while waiting for the light to change. I calmly instructed her in the errors of her ways. I've heard there are lots of careful clutch-aware drivers out there with pre-mature wear. Hopefully we won't suffer the same fate. Only 9,500 miles so far so I and all is well.

3. AXO

AXO New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Wellington, Florida
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine went without any indication. No Noise, No Slipping. I was on the highway and i went to shift from 4th to 5th and it would not go. That was it. Towed to the Dealer and informed it would cost $4,000 to replace the clutch and Flywheel.

I am the second owner and bought it last year with 32,000 miles on it. I have no clue how the previous owner drove it. It was in Mint condition when I purchased it. I saw the clutch and it was obliterated! Clutch material was stuck behind the flywheel. I had no way to dispute a faulty part caused the failure.

Luckily Braman went to bat for me. They covered all of the labor and clutch kit. I had to buy a new Flywheel because it was partially scoorched. I ended up paying $1,143.00. She drives better then new now. I am happy again.........