MOTD 2019 Come on 600!

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon Annual Event Forum' started by colinmini, Feb 12, 2019.

1. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Nope. Traded my '07 MCS for the F56. I took this to my first couple of Dragons.

IMG_0534.jpg

2. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Nice looking car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Well since Barry took over it is more organized. Is that a good thing, kind of, the web page and updates are good but he is now ass kidding to LXM and other non-enthusiasts groups and this is not.

Oh and free-is not free, as registration has gone up ever year. Now I am not complaining about a $12.00 dollars or anything I am stating the facts.

Us gen 1 guys have no hidden agendas, we just want to come together, hang out and not have more that one charity cause pushed at us. The food bank is a good charity but MINI skirts and the other stuff should not be at MOTD. This is a motoring event not a charity week.

Also this should be an ADULTS ONLY event. Many of us are getting away and this is our vacation and we don’t want to share it with your children. Almost everyone drinks for the most part as anyone can walk around with an open beverage of any kind. People use foul language, “me included” and we should not have to look around for your damn kids. We have late night fires and BS about are cars and others around us.

This is a car event in the Smokey Mountains in the South, not where the attendees come from. This is Not Disney World or Disney Land so of new or old MINI owners don’t like it no one is forcing them to go. We don’t want your servey options about how you could make it more family/ children / LXM friendly.

We all come to hang out with friends and DRIVE an INCREDIBLE ROAD and the roads around the area.

Newer people need to assimilate to the non MINI sponsored MOTD event and not try to change it.

If you want attend a silly “MINI MINI SPONSORED” event try MINI TAKES THE STATES.

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Now a second question what are the antics that bother you? o_O

5. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4

Oh I can answer that.

People don’t like Firecrackers, drinking, cursing and loud cars. A.k.a. FUN

6. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Hahahahahahaaaaa.........URAQT!

7. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Reading these post I feel like I am missing something. Isaac and I did the Dragon from the time he was around 12 till he was 19. Almost the whole time we spent driving. I never gave a flip if someone drank around us used bad language and we both thought the firecrackers are funny. Even given my beliefs it doesn't bother me, I am raising my kids to live in the real world and not be prudes.
    I thank I know what you mean Dave about kids. So you are saying you are not going to run a Daycare at the cabin?:D I know some parents thank their kids should be catered to and the event should revolve around them. To that point I would agree. But If you mean Vetsvette shouldn't bring his grandson and I should not have had Isaac with me I disagree.
    I don't think its a Mini generation thing, its an performance enthuses verses the eyelash crowd. I brought the Helmet, Sully his GP2 both gen2 and Vetsvette his Gen3. We all came to run the roads hard.No hidden agenda. I still don't know what agenda we are talking about. It didn't change because I left my R53 at home. My last day the three of us were playing catch up to the donut run because we left late, we weren't going slow, well till I slung my GoPro off the car.:Banghead:.
    I don't want MOTD to change but I may have to make room for others. I just won't do those events.

8. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    The generation of cars do not matter. The first gen group / veterans of MOTD has NO AGENDA.

As for daycare crap, if you want to bring your kids be an ADULT and parent them and shield them from the crap you don’t want them exposed to. It is as simple as that.

No one should have to now curb how they act for anyone’s kids. If people can’t do that then don’t sign up for MOTD, don’t come at all. This event is not for you and we DO NOT have to change just because newer people are offended by some of the shuff that goes on. That’s also why some vendors have left the event and do not attend or sponsor. Sticker, raffels,and t-shirts are crap and the LXM do not bring any buying power to the table for the vendors. All they do is cry about MOTD event they signed up for.

Again people have a choice to attend or not, no one is forcing anyone. Also NO ONE or group should demand changes. Accept wat MOTD is and make a choice, don’t cry about it to everyone on Facebook.

9. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Ok truly I am missing something. I don't have nor will I have Faceplant. Are people complaining?

10. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Just to bring some happiness back to this thread...... :D

Damn Vette that is one sweet looking MINI. Also the fastest color combination. :Drool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4

YES, Newer owners and the LXM members. Have you been living under a rock?

12. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    He was just stoned.:confused: Not quite the same as living under a rock. o_O

13. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Maybe LXM is the "new" agenda.

14. vetsvette

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    I guess I'm missing something too. Don't do facebook either and I thought LXM was on the wane after all the legal troubles.

15. vetsvette

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Can't go wrong with red, white, and blue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    I have a question for everyone. XLM is an f/b user group. Its founder is a power hungry, dictatorial assholic individual, with 2 or more faces that happened to hit on a good idea at the right time. That way was a cheap plan to express their individuality through stickers, eyelashes, and other kinds of 'custom' accouterments. And this is their kind of fun...not necessarily driving. My question is...Do you think that we should look past the founder...to the people? They can't or don't want to build a track car or one with hundreds of horsepower, or drive fast on twisty roads...but they still like MINIs. I feel that LXM should be accepted for what it is and not be criticized at every turn. The only one 'hate' hurts is the 'hater'. If you notice, the founder does not go to the Dragon. Since I can't personally stone him, I do not plan on wasting any more time on hating the people.

17. colinmini

colinmini Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +584 / 0 / -0
    MINIs have the unique ability to attract 18 year olds and 80 year olds! Some think they are cute, some enjoy their quickness and agility. I see both sides, but love to drive my R50 fast.

I enjoy coming down to the Dragon during off weeks to drive the Dragon quickly and with less cars. I also enjoy all the activities, MINI people and seeing are the cool MINIs at MOTD!

A huge thank you to Barry for stepping up and giving 8 months of each year to make MOTD a huge success! Thanks also to all those who volunteer and help make our event great.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Amen

19. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    LXM is on FB yes, that’s what people use not Fourms. As everyone says “get with the times” FB is 10,000 times bigger and that why M\A and NAM and all the other MINI sites have seen reduced traffic from the good old days before LXM.

It’s not the convicted felon founder I have a problem with it’s the “self appointed high and mighty” LXM members that think censorship is ok. They live on FB in a private page and block / ban anyone that is on other MINI FB sites that don’t agree with them.

They want everything thier way or nothing or nothing at all. They are what this country has turned into. A bunch of wishy washy wimps that are offended by everything that they do not approve of. You personal beliefs, rights and opinions do not matter to them at all. This is not all about Donald Bram even though he would like it to be, it’s about the entire NEW MINI FB CULTURE!

One FB group should not have such influence over Barry, which has told me personally he does not like Bram and most of LXM’s members crying about MOTD and how he runs it. Hell they ah e even tried to have me and 3 other cabins banned from MOTD and Fontana. Are your eyes open yet ?

Really it’s that damn plain and simple. It’s not hate at all, it’s disagreeing, with people that want to change something they are signing up for and are not required to attend.

Kind of sound like what is going on with our country here, but that’s another topic for a different thread.

20. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4

I agree. Also, you said 18-80 year olds.... NOT LITTLE KIDS.

Barry is great guy and very fair. He tries his best to defuse situations from the LXM group which he should not have to do at all. MOTD is open to ALL MINI owners. (Little kids can not own cars)

Barry is in charge and I 100% respect that and have told him so over the phone when we have had calls.

Barry should NOT be put in the position of kindergarten playground monitor because of a large group of children can not conform to the simple guild line of the event they do not sponsor.

SPONSORS read the list yourself.

https://minisonthedragon.com/sponsors.php