Most liked posts in thread: Comparison: '12 Fiat 500 Abarth vs '12 Mini Cooper S Coupe vs '13 Hyundai Veloster

1. oldvet53

oldvet53 New Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Disabled/Retired
    N.E. Arkansas
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I have a '03 MINI Cooper S Supercharged that put's out 163 H.P. and 155 FT.LB, if I put a 15% Supercharger pulley on it will make about as much power and torque as this car and is lighter to boot. I'm sorry I just don't like the roof line on this MINI.

2. oldvet53

oldvet53 New Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Disabled/Retired
    N.E. Arkansas
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    #3 oldvet53, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    I had a '70 Fiat 850 Sport Coupe and it had the typical for back then the obligatory 1st. gear that would just get you rolling as it was real short but from there on out it was a widely spaced gearbox. It got my Big Brother 3 day's in the Orlando,Fla. jail as he picked me up from work and we were right in front of the state police hq. and we were racing a 1600 hemi head Corolla and we turned left with the state cop following us and let the Corolla go. Now the Fiat was Abarth equipped I know it had a 32mm dual throat Weber carb and Abarth exhaust as far as what had been done inside the motor, I don't know but it was a poor mans Ferrari. Long story short the state cop in his Plymoth Furry III with mercury sway bar susspension trying to keep up pulled the right rear off the rim. When Dad retired from the Navy and we moved back to Arkansas from Orlando,Fla to Grannis,Ark. we got 40mpg. out of the little Fiat, wish I still had that car.