Convoy from Denver to MOTD 2014

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 12 (April 30 - May 4, 2014) - ' started by teresa wood, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Yup we have 3 cars running Valentine V1 Radar detectors the whole way, even in VA. :devil::ihih:

2. teresa wood

teresa wood Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 21, 2012
    Broker Associate Coldwell Banker, North Metro offi
    Arvada, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +761 / 0 / -0
    like the song says.....

This is, this is Awesome!:biggrin5:

3. teresa wood

Lifetime Supporter

Aug 21, 2012
    Arvada, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +761 / 0 / -0
    1 more registered for MOTD! Sister in law flying from Chicago to Denver to come with us for the most EPIC experience ever!!! I had hoped for a group we could collect... traveling half way across the country!!! But it doesn't matter :) This is going to be:Thumbsup: and the bonus runs on the way with Devil's Triangle, etc...!:biggrin5:

4. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    10 More long days, until I am headed east! Cant wait to get this show on the road, work has been kicking my ass lately!

5. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    9 Days...

Just found the bumper covers I have been searching for! It only took 9 months to find somebody with pre facelift R50 chromeline bumpers, so I am super excited knowing I am not going to have to settle for the standard S bumpers. :)

Lucky for all the R50 owners at the Dragon... I wont be forced to ask every one of you if you want to sell your bumpers! :)

6. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Rat-Mini parts :Thumbsup:

7. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    In seven days right now, I should be approaching E somewhere deep inside Kansas!
    Something tells me this next week is going to have that asian disease... (dragonass)

On a side note:
    All you 02/03 Justa Cooper owners, are no longer safe... The guy I was going to get the bumpers from decided not to part the car out. :(

So if any of you have a set of pre facelift Justa bumpers with the chromeline trim, and you dont need them, or swapped to a more desirable bumper, let me know, or bring them to the Dragon if you can... I will buy them on the spot!

8. teresa wood

Lifetime Supporter

Aug 21, 2012
    Arvada, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +761 / 0 / -0
    Both of our dogs are afflicted with the dragonass syndrome! It's especially brutal in the spring :biggrin5: Sorry about your bumper woes...I'm just glad we won't have to guard the MINI save the bumper...wrong vintage! See ya on the road!

9. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Ha HA.... Yeah you and Erik are safe from my quest for the bumpers that nobody ever wanted!

I will post updates from the road (MOSTLY on FB), and will call you if I am still around the FT. Campbell area when you get close. Depending on my abilities to remain upright after the party my adopted family is throwing me, I might show you guys the secrets of Nashville!

I need to leave the Dragon early Saturday morning, due to a small Top Gear style race I am in with my buddy... My Jeep VS his 747! Last one to the baggage claim at Nashville International pays the bar TABS (Strong emphasis on the plural there)! His "Aero plane" is supposed to land at NOON on the 4th... Plenty of time...

10. teresa wood

Lifetime Supporter

Aug 21, 2012
    Arvada, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +761 / 0 / -0
    That is truly EPIC!!!! My girlfriend we will be stopping to see in Crossville, TN. on the way down to MOTD wants to take me up sightseeing.....She is getting her pilot's liscence.....can't wait!!! Think I'll start packing tomorrow, the suspense for this first timer is almost more than I can take! :crazy:

11. abuzavi

abuzavi New Member

May 6, 2013
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    So, where was I? Oh, yes. The triangle. Teresa, it looks like Mark ][ and BlimeyCabrio and I will be linking up with you all sometime in that Tuesday night / Wednesday morning timeframe. Thank you for letting us join your little adventure, and co-mingle for some Devil's Triangle time.

Paul and I are meeting in Briston Tuesday for lunch (if anybody cares) and then hitting the Snake, and Little CH, and all kinds of other things in that general area, before making our general way towards Olive Springs. Not sure where we're staying yet -- it's still weeks away, right? -- but we'll figure that out at some point soon, I'm sure.

Nothing left but cleaning up the business trip I just completed, closing up the office, packing, you know, everything.

12. teresa wood

Lifetime Supporter

Aug 21, 2012
    Arvada, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +761 / 0 / -0
    + 1 MINI for Triangle fun!

And so the FUN begins. Wash... wax... pack... tomorrow! Sis in law arriving from Chicagoland to join us on our EPIC adventure! Not 100% sure but a fellow Miniac will most likely be among us or I'll be adding my MINI to bring him if his mechanical issues don't cease by tomorrow. On the road at 5 a.m. Monday. WHEEEEEEEEE!!!:biggrin5:

13. Spa2k

Spa2k Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +975 / 0 / -0
    We want pictures en route - or it didn't happen! :biggrin5: Safe travels ...

14. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Sorry I don't see anything to post pictures of when I travel because I travel under the clock of darkness. 10 PM till dawn less traffic and police. :ihih:

15. Spa2k

Spa2k Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +975 / 0 / -0
    That's really too bad. Since you posted here in the Convoy from Denver thread, you'd be really lost - so those pictures would be really interesting! :crazy:

16. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    You will hit cone zones in: Abilene KS, St. Louis, outside of Mt. Vernon IL, minor work in spots along 24 in KY, then Nashville 24 and 40, nothing that caused any major delays though. I am doing the final push into Fontana now, so I will let you know.

Oh most fuel stops out this way are averaging 3.45 for the cheap stuff, in town and truck stops have it jacked up to around 3.60~3.75.

17. LowCountry S

LowCountry S Active Member

May 14, 2009
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    don't know if it will affect you guys or if you see this in time; severe weather in AR earlier. Tornado crossed I-40; cars tossed about etc. so it's closed now (middle of AR somewhere) Scene on the boob tube looked and sounded bad

18. teresa wood

Lifetime Supporter

Aug 21, 2012
    Arvada, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +761 / 0 / -0
    Official departure time 5:43 a.m.[​IMG]

19. teresa wood

Lifetime Supporter

Aug 21, 2012
    Arvada, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +761 / 0 / -0
    4 hours out of Denver... Kansas, weather is looking good all the way to the Tavern in St. Louis up until this...a wicked windstorm, zero visibility.[​IMG]

20. teresa wood

Lifetime Supporter

Aug 21, 2012
    Arvada, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +761 / 0 / -0
    8 hours out of Denver 584 miles down.