Countryman I saw you!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by rigidjunkie, Dec 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. bad venge

bad venge New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We took the wifes Clubbis in for Service at Classic Mini and they have three on the floor/lot two s's and one regular They had the Blue and that is a nice color.
    I really liked the color /fit/finish except the grill to me the plastic grill looked unfinished

2. scottag

scottag New Member

Nov 3, 2010
    iOS Software Developer
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I passed a Hot Chocolate Countryman in my Hot Chocolate Clubman. It was too funny. I waved as the driver turned to look as I passed her in the left lane.

3. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I saw one the other day that came from Japan!!! I figure by now the government has found it and put it into containment. It was the color of a nuclear power plant gone wrong. I looked on the builder and didn't see the color, anybody know the story?

4. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hint on the color? Was it the weird yellow or the light coffee?

Annette

5. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    It was an electric green/yellow. It had dealer plates and the dealer is only a block away I might go take a picture this afternoon.

6. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    That's the Bright Yellow, looks to me like a car covered in pollen year round. We really wanted a yellow one until we saw the color in person. Too bad they didn't go with something like Liquid or Mellow Yellow.

Annette

7. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    The builder does nothing to help people see that color. For the record it is not that it looks bad, it is just the fact that it sticks out really bad that got me. It would be the perfect transistion for someone coming from a purple car.

8. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Toxic Yellow, or pond scum Yellow. It really is an in your face color for sure. I'm sure there will be admirers.

9. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    Not this purple car owner. That is the one I took for a test drive last Saturday because it was a manual. I actually felt embarrassed at stop lights.

I really thought that the CM was going to be a hit for me. I was disappointed after my test drive. It was an All4 and had a sunroof, which I would not spec. It seems like the CM needs the Sport Suspension to tighten up the handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    We have the Cosmic Blue/Black S with the sports suspension. Not the All4 (not really needed in Georgia). We really like it, it is actually my husband's car and he absolutely loves it. I'm just happy he's finally in a MINI and loves it. He now understands the need to buy more stuff finally :D.
    [​IMG]
    Annette

11. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    Cosmic Blue is a great color. Do you get to drive the CM very often? How would you compare it to your MINI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    We've only had the CM since March 10th. I've driven it a dozen or so times I would guess. I really do like it, and can totally see why my husband is beyond thrilled with it. He had a serious neck injury a number of years back and still has issues turning his head as well as stooping or crouching. This was always his problem with my R53, while he loved the way it handled, it was not a comfortable entry/exit. The CM gives him the MINI handling with the ease of a slightly higher chassis and cabin.
    I can tell a difference from my R56 obviously, but I still really like it. It's kind of a bit more relaxing to drive if that makes sense. A bit more casual. It has a bit more roll but nothing compared to other crossovers we test drove while out shopping. It is definitely easier to take out when we have my daughter and a friend along and the slightly bigger boot is handy as well. I still think it would be fun to take to the track one day, but it is his car so that is up to him. I would absolutely have Way tweak it a bit first, though :D.

Annette

13. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    You know, it's 4 months now since they delivered the first ones and I know our local dealer has sold a bunch of them, but I have yet to see one on the road! Amazing.....

In 2002 when the first MINIs started hitting the roads here we noticed them immediately, where the heck are the "Countrypeople"? :D

14. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Maybe you are mistaking them for RAV 4's.... I've seen a few about the town, but not many at all. Very strange.

15. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Well now...,
    The reason you're not seeing them in town is because they are all4 wheeling in the hills....:D

16. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
  17. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Hills? In Kansas?

Maybe out in the fields.....:rolleyes:

:D

No really, I expected to see a few already, I only live a few miles from the dealer and I've seen regular MINIs, Clubbys and convertibles almost from the day they came out........but not one Countryperson.......