2nd Gen R60 Countryman Countryman ordered.

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by czar, Aug 11, 2010.

1. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but does anyone know when the US Configurator is going to be up for the Countryman? The release date for the US seems to be a moving target. I've been on the UK site to play around with different configurations but using a US configuator would be much better.

2. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    @CHKMINI, last I heard/saw was mid November, so I suspect anytime after the 15th, but targets are variable. :)

You can go direct to a dealer and see if you can get on their allocation and place an early order. Anything going in now looks like a Jan. delivery.

Ours is waiting transport. I am waiting for an update from the dealer today see if it makes the ship. Hoping for the 15th out of Bremerhaven.

Don

3. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    FYI, our (her's) Countryman is on the boat and due into Oxnard on 12/10 or so.

Also, if you have not discovered, the Countryman can be selected in the MINI Configurator. :aureola:

I was wondering if I'm in the absolute minority here on M/A, with ordering a Countryman? :crazy:

I will be driving my 07 Scooter for a few more years. :D

Don

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Scooter? You have a scooter? I thought they were still just a concept. How do you get everything first? :D

Jim

5. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Simple, I have friends in the biz. :arf:

You did name your MINI, right? :lol: :Thumbsup:

6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    A buddy has one ordered as well, his will arrive on the East coast about the same time as yours, but he wonders if they'll be able to deliver it to him before the official launch date in January....

His is light coffee with black trim and cream interior - S model and All4....

7. Rjgross

Rjgross New Member

May 5, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Old81, we are right there with you. Ours was born 11/8 and is on the boat with yours. Maybe we will meet at Loveland and pick them up on the same day. Ours is an ALL4 S in Bright yellow.

8. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Did you work with Ed or Kenton?

If you don't mind or if you know, what is the last three of your VIN? I am 093.

Which I suspect means this one might be in the first 100 of the USA Spec'd Countryman. :)

Or it might mean absolutely nothing. :lol:

Don

9. Rjgross

Rjgross New Member

May 5, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We worked with Stan. the last three on the VIN is 095. I wonder who is between us. I think your green and white will look sharp. My wife wanted yellow. Every picture of the bright yellow looks different. I guess we will see in Dec.

Can't wait.

10. TruMini

TruMini New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #50 TruMini, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    Old81 -
    have you found your VIN on the WW site yet?
    Mine still isn't showing up.
    My MA said he was the only one of four sitting at port that actually caught a ride so I'm thinking he isn't aboard the Queen Sapphire.

11. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Mini online says it is enroute. But WW still has not shown our VIN loaded.

My dealer status systems says the Countryman is on the boat, due in on 12/9.

Not sure what is up with WW. May never know, I will bug my dealer after the holiday.

Eat well, drive safe.

Don

12. Pete5160

Pete5160 New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Westerville, OH
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This may be a dumb question, but does the Countryman come with a spare tire, or spare tire option? Thanks

13. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No spare tire nor spare tire options available. In the USA, all standard tires are run flats hence MINI does not feel need to include a spare.

14. TruMini

TruMini New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kinda glad your VIN isn't showing up either! I had read that the WW site sometimes lags in the data.
    But I almost had myself convinced that Mr. Bickels got shanghied at the port and was headed to some obscure place! :crazy:

15. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Yes, diverted or shanghied crossed my mind too. :frown2:

What week/day are you projected yours to make it to Phx?

16. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Will they go ahead and deliver those cars that hit the dealerships in Dec, given that the official "on Sale" date is in January? My buddy here in town has one on that boat too, he's wondering whether he'll get it in Dec or Jan?

My understanding is that the cars they recieve are supposedly not for sale, only demonstration and order-taking, till after the launch date of Jan 9th or so...maybe that's for dealership cars only, and not customer ordered and sold cars?

Saw my MA over the weekend, he said they'd just gotten back from training and that he was surprised how well the cars drove and handled. And how they did still seem to have that "MINI" feel on the road (he owns a Clubby, so he definitely knows what they're supposed to drive like.....

17. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    There sure is a lot of confusion over when cars that have been ordered will be delivered. There is also a bit of confusion over the $1500 vouchers that MINI gave to MTTS participants. The voucher says delivery must be before the end of the year yet there seems to be a lot of talk about cars already in transit to the US not being delivered until the On Sale date.

While at a local Bootgating party yesterday at a local dealership the GM seemed to think the vouchers were good until the end of the year and that is on top of any deals MINI is offering at the time. In fact he said one could pick up anything but a Countryman for $2500 off and get 0.9% money on it too. $2500 off comprises $1000 from MINI and $1500 voucher.

Monday's Automotive News will list all the deals that are available. I've made a note to check.

18. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, my buddy is "in negotiations" with MINI USA over this right now, as even tho he was a MTTS participant (and has the receipts to prove it) he never got the $1500 email....on top of that his Countryman will potentially hit the dealership in about 2 weeks, but he will be out of the country when it gets here and he won't be back till Jan 4th or so......

My MA says they will have Demo's in a week or so, but I wonder if they will hold the customer cars at the VDC till the launch date? Much puzzlement right now....

19. TruMini

TruMini New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing around the 15th - totally depends on how quickly they move thru the VDC.
    What about you?

Did you see where the Queen Sapphire is back in the Altantic, heading south?
    She docked in NY on Friday.

20. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Lots of confusion potential on the actual delivery dates of sold cars as well as the $1500 voucher.

I was told by my MINI Sales Manager that the voucher would be honored. A couple of weeks past, he said the Countryman would be delivered when it is received.

Now, if it is held at the VDC, it becomes another set of issues. :frown2:

@Tru... I am expecting the Countryman on or about Christmas, but if need be I can wait until January, just not happy about it.

Yes, saw it left NY, guess it is time to watch the webcams down South. :)

Don