2nd Gen R60 Countryman Countryman Track Day

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by kconner5, Nov 12, 2013.

1. kconner5

kconner5 New Member

May 23, 2011
    Works at MINI of Fairfield County
    New Canaan, CT - High Point, NC (College, High Poi
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Hi Countryfolk,

I just recently had the opportunity to spend a day at Virginia International Raceway with my R60 S ALL4, Kowalski, at the Phil Wicks Driving Experience. We had a blast out there and the Countryman was passing cars left and right (quite literally). With only suspension mods and a few little engine bolt ons (we unfortunately weren't tuned for this event... Thanks to MINI for re-flashing the ECU LOL) the Countryman held its own out there. Even kept up with a Phil Wicks fully prepped R53 cup car. I hope you have a chance to check out some of our highlight videos!

Shiny side up!
    Kyle

Here's the first video which is the longest at 9min... This has all of the highlights (including the next two videos):
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw91t_EDb7s]MINI Countryman Track Day Highlights - VIR - YouTube[/ame]

The second is the R53 cup car battle:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdcKryL79J8]Chasing the Phil Wicks Race Prepped R53 in a Countryman at VIR - YouTube[/ame]

And the last is a short 10 second little ALL4 drift I thought some might enjoy seeing:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asakpbMJhNE]Drift: MINI Countryman ALL4 at VIR - YouTube[/ame]

2. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Very cool. I like driving my wife's CM. :Thumbsup:

3. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Nice video, love the drift. In all fairness though, the Wick's car was pulling you, at least in this video--traffic, and that off car, kept him close.

Never seen a countryman on the track before, car does pretty well!

4. sparke1975

sparke1975 New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Last year I was out there with my countryman All4. Had a blast. Passed a Mustang Shelby Gt350 at about 135 on the back straightaway!

5. kconner5

kconner5 New Member

May 23, 2011
    Works at MINI of Fairfield County
    New Canaan, CT - High Point, NC (College, High Poi
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Oh he definitely had me on the power... But that last bit through the S's I was so surprised he didn't just pull on me. Too much fun! Gotta join www.cmonfb.com if you haven't yet.

Can't wait to get the tune back, get the larger turbo on there and see how it does!

6. jerryb2005mcs

jerryb2005mcs New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Sr. Technical Consultant for company in the energy
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Great vids! Love the CM.