Most liked posts in thread: Countryman Wins a Good Design Award

1. Buckman

Buckman New Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cool! This is especially interesting in light of all the "too big to be a true mini" comments that the Mini Countryman is getting.

2. Zeyk_Shade

Zeyk_Shade Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Do you think that the judges used "is it small enough to be a real MINI" as part of their criteria?

Because it was given a design award, doesn't necessarily mean that it's not too big to be a true MINI. I think the body roll alone makes it not a true MINI.

3. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    What body roll are you talking about, I own a CM and it does not roll. :(

I have an 07 mod'd MCS to compare, sure it's not as tight, but actually is better than my 07 was before I mod'd from the stock base suspension with TSW springs and 19mm rear bar. :arf:

Now, it is not small compared to the R53, R56 Coupes, but hey it was not intended to be small. :Thumbsup:

Don

Super that it won some accolades, a lot of buying them like hot-cakes. :)

4. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I think these types of awards are all very well, especially for the car designer and architects of the world but it doesn't change people's mind about a product. People either love a MINI or not, and it's unlikely some award will tip somebody who's on the fense. Nevertheless it is nice to recognize the designers and a alike who worked on such a project as the Countryman. Well done. Now if MINI could just start winning a bunch of reliability awards.

5. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Logistics & Administration
    Jersey City
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    And we got beat by a "JUKE".:eek:ut: