Suspension Brakes 1st Gen Craigslist Lowering Springs???

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by EvilMiniMe, Feb 27, 2014.

1. EvilMiniMe

EvilMiniMe New Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I want to preface this with the fact I am in no way associated with the person/s selling these, nor am I in any way a sponsor for the company that makes them. I just saw these on craigslist atlanta and was wondering if anyone had heard of/used them before. I doubt it very much, but you never know.

Craigslist Lowering Springs

The seller lists the "lowering springs" like this...

3/02-04 Mini Cooper - F 1" / R 1.2" pt# 5915387

I have an 05' R53 so according to them they wont fit my car...Anyone know if there is a difference in stock springs from 02-06 and between the cooper and coooper s?? :idea:

I've tried to research these in every way possible online and can't come up with squat. But for those Cooper owners with those model years this might be an option?!?!

I'd love to hear people's opinions/feeback, and even maybe list what your current setup is and how you like it?:biggrin5:

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: No help here. I do know about Craig's List though. It's a good way to get dumped in a shallow grave on a Long Island beach.:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Jason

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    From looking at the ad and then the other items they have on Craig's List I'd say this is all stock Nopi has they want to blow out the door.

The lack of hearing about these on any MINI site for the past 7 years I've been doing this I'd run away from these springs. That's just me tho.

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Craigslist huh ? Nope not going to even think about buy parts from them.

5. EvilMiniMe

EvilMiniMe New Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Yea....they're ghetto

Hahaha, yea I'm not gonna buy them I was just curious if ANYONE had...for ANY car?! I can't seem to find mention on the interwebs ANYWHERE?!?! That, seems strange to me...like they gonna jack my $45...:eek6: