2. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    You're such a 'positive' person, Dave! Why not swallow your immense pride and help this guy? Nah...that won't work for you...compassion is not your thing. I imagine that NO club in the Philly area would dream to have YOU as a member. Maybe that's how you like it...going it alone and taking potshots of everyone you encounter along the way.

3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    awwww Did I upset you.....:lol::lol::lol:

To the OP. Send a PM the user Nathan and he can help you out.

I was part of the PhillyMini or Frilly MINI club long ago but was booted because it was stupid club. Lots of other were boot or left also.

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Don't you go picking on Jeff Dave. Once wound up it's heck calming him down, it requires cigars & fried baloney samiches.

Back on to the topic.

2015-club-logo-web_zpseh7tsxae.png

I don't feel they really serve a purpose. Folks of a like mind hanging together once in a while is nice. Form a club & then if you don't do this or that you're a bad guy. One person does all most of the work & tires of it. Others wonder, "why don't we do this that or the other anymore." But never step up to do anything themselves. They just complain that things aren't being done for them. Clubs always slide down the same drain. If clubs are your thing that's great. Good luck to you. :mtrn:

For me I wouldn't join a club who would have me as a member.:biggrin5:

Justa my .02 & worth what paid. :ihih:

5. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Brian,

Thank you for letting us know and sorry for the error. We are looking into it and will get back to you shortly.

6. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    I'm a lifetime member here....

[​IMG]

7. Brian_NEOMINIAC

Brian_NEOMINIAC New Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't you call being on MotoringAlliance part of a group? Definition of Club is "to join together to form a group."

Would you judge someone who goes to watch a sporting event live, vs someone who prefers watching it in the security of their own home?
    (I'm sure you could find a way, that's not a challenge)
    We just happened to find several MINIACS who prefer "watching live" rather than from home.

_____
    Thanks Sully!

8. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    MINI clubs and Forums were a big deal before Facebook took off and then spawned the god forsaken LXM. <~~~ another topic for another time.

M/A, M|u and NANless sites are all kinds of groups / clubs that people like because you can just chat like this on line but not have to meet up unless people get to gether at a major MINI event like MOTD.

Clubs get old after you are a member for a year unless it's the NRA, because shooting guns is always FUN. :lol:

9. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    And mostly no one wants to pay dues, write a newsletter, vote for positions, and deal with club BS....

However....... everyone doesn't fit into this box.... Some people like clubs..... You get to wear Tee shirts with club stuff printed on them....So YMMV

10. Brian_NEOMINIAC

Mar 7, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    $0 dues, NO newsletter, 0 position titles.

We actually talked about having a gathering at a shooting range LOL - couple of guys actually went shooting instead of going for a drive last weekend because our roads are still covered with salt and MINI's are sleeping.

Honestly, I came here to help our group grow. I grew up on forums, watched them fade away - I've had Hondas, Toyotas, Volkswagens, several local car clubs had forums back in the day, and actively participated on all of them. But on Sunday when a guy with a brand new JCW F56 showed up that found our website and emailed us due to lack of Facebook - I decided it was time to find a way to keep those members notified of events and potentially find new ones.

If I find one person on here in my area that wants to hang out with a group of MINI owners, it'd be a success.

11. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Are you in Akron proper or in one of the suburbs?

12. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    ^^^.... We locally call that a non-club...

Bunch of non club members show up with their cars (some MINI's some not MINI's) on one saturday a month.... Eat donuts at the local TH, kick a few tires out in the parking lot.... And some get together for an afternoon run in the country...:Thumbsup:

13. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Nahhhhhhh, you didn't upset me. I just like to yank your chain every now and then. :devil:

I can understand why you were booted, though...caustic demeanors tend to lead to those things. :arf: :lol:

14. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Nick aka mrntd has started his very own MINI club in central Ohio. Maybe you guys should hook up?

15. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    If we'd've met at a shooting range, the club we used to belong to would have disintegrated far sooner than it did on its own!

16. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    This comment appears to have some holes in it....:D

17. Brian_NEOMINIAC

Mar 7, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Akron's where we held our first several "non-club" events - it seems to be a central city from where most people are coming from.

I know there's a group, Mid-Ohio Motoring, and Central Ohio Mini's (the classics group) - wasn't aware there was potentially another? I've actually been reaching out to everyone around the state.

18. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    There is Ohio Mini Owners [OMO] in Dayton, OH. They meet at the Donato's on Airway Rd. [near the Air force Museum], every first Tuesday of every month. They were the first to organize Mini Meet East, the premier East of the Mississippi River national event that welcomes both classics as well as the "new" MINI. This year's event will be held in Columbus, OH, and the group responsible is COMO [Columbus Ohio Mini Owners].

19. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Gee, that sounds exactly like the M0M [Mid Ohio Motoring] "disorganization"...:devil:

20. Brian_NEOMINIAC

Mar 7, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Found the Dayton Group OMO. We've set a reminder in our group about the Mini Meet East as well - End of June.

I'm trying to track down all of the groups for a meet in July. So far, trying to reach Columbus hasn't gotten far... yet here I am in his backyard. :)