Crossman Spy Video

Discussion in 'Future MINIs' started by Nathan, May 12, 2009.

1. malcon

malcon New Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  2. ruffcat

ruffcat Club Coordinator

May 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I like it.. I at first felt bleh.. at the clubman.. I like it.. won't necessarily own one.. I'm addicted to my 06 MCS.. but yanno I have been waiting on the crossman.. only time will tell!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I'm generally in the "keep it small" camp, but expanding the line-up is a good idea and as long as they keep a few diminutive models in the line (and stop making those models larger!!!!), I'll be happy.....as long as they don't produce anything too terribly embarrassing. The important thing will always be how they execute the final design, subtle style cues, etc, and though I'm less than impressed so far there's really not enough to go on in that clip to know how it will turn out.

Remember, the Clubman has been on the streets long enough now for people to get used to it and it still turns some stomachs. There's definitely plenty of room in the Crossman design and shape seen in that video to turn it into the next Aztek if they're not careful.

4. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Supply Chain Implementation Guy
    A bit north of the 'burgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    WHen folks around here know I'm into Minis they invariably tell me that they like the idea of "that new Mini wagon" (the Clubman).

Properly executed, this thing will sell, and sell big. What else can combine Mini-type styling with the perceived versatility of an Outback, Forester, or Rav4? Hey, they're all nice, but they're no Mini in the perceived hipness department.

5. kensan

kensan New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    seems like our cars are getting uglier and uglier... :(

6. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC