CTSCC Race details for BMW Performance 200

Discussion in 'January 28-29, 2016 BMW Performance 200 Daytona B' started by Pooper, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
  2. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    MINI trackside patio for the Ultimate Daytona Trackside Experience

MINI trackside patio for the Ultimate Daytona Trackside Experience

With 2016 already here, fans of the MINI JCW Race Team are already anticipating the opening Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at the famed Daytona International Speedway on January 27-29. In an effort to give fans the ultimate trackside experience MINI USA has worked with DIS and are pleased to offer three-day tickets for both the CTSCC and the Weathertech Sports Car Championship Rolex 24 at Daytona races. The ‘MINI Patio Hospitality at DIS’ will feature a private Patio located on the front straight with views of the pitlane and the start/finish line. Admission to the patio is limited to the first forty fans signing up. The first twenty-five MINIs that sign up have the added bonus of being able to reserve MINI/Mini Only Parking. In addition to the great views of the Daytona front stretch the fans will have two TVs to see all the on-track action while in the lunch area. Tickets are going on sale at the incredibly attractive price of $115 per person. Those wishing to see the MINI JCW team run their practice and qualifying sessions on Wed/Thurs will have to organize their own tickets to gain entry to the facility.

The tickets are for Friday to Sunday, allowing fans to take in both the Continental Tire race where the MINI JCW Racing Team will compete and the entire Rolex 24 event for sports cars. Friday’s MINI JCW activities starts with a final practice at 9:35 to 10:05 before the cars are assembled for the CTSC grid walk at 12:45. The grid will be cleared at 1:35 for the formation laps. The two and a half hour long BMW Performance 200 event will start at 1:45.

The WeatherTech Championship drivers will be available Saturday morning in the Fanzone for an autograph session before being introduced to the fans at 12:40. The grid opens up for the Grid Walk at 12:45 – 1:45. The race starts at 2:10 and runs until 2:10 on Sunday afternoon.

Times are subject to change. Location for MINI only parking to be advised.

3-day tickets can be purchased by signing up at
    www.motorsportreg.com/…/mini-patio-hospitality-dis-daytona-…

Attached Files:

3. Eric@Helix

Eric@Helix New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 4, 2009
    Shepherd
    Philadelphia
    Ratings:
    +1,257 / 0 / -0
    I really would love to take my boys to this, but timing is tough. It's only the first cold week in Philly and already I'm getting antsy.

4. Green Flash

Green Flash Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Flagler Beach, FL or cruising on the boat
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    #4 Green Flash, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    We Will be There

It is a great year to attend the Daytona 24 Hours.

The MINI race team will be fielding cars in the Friday Continental race. Last year they missed Daytona with their first race being at the second event at Sebring.

The new Ford GT will be making its inaugural race. This new car has been hyped worldwide and is a much different design for a road going car from a major manufacturer. The Ford GT 40 made much history at the Daytona track.

Many other new cars will be premiering at this race. BMW is moving away from the Z4 and will have a new M6 race car. Lamborghini is entering the IMSA series this year. And, Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette, Mazda, Honda, Aston Martin and others will be back this year.

Then, there is the MINI Corral. Reserved parking (parking is tough at this race), a patio on pit road, food and friends will make this a special event.

Eric, you should consider giving your sons this experience. My father took me to the first Daytona 500. While I will always appreciate that experience, I never forgave him for not taking me the year before when they were still racing on the beach. Wish I had that experience in my memory bank.

Much thanks to Stormin Norman for doing all the behind the scenes work to make the MINI Corral happen.

5. Green Flash

Green Flash Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Flagler Beach, FL or cruising on the boat
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    #5 Green Flash, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    MINI Car Corral and Hospitality Locations

[​IMG]

Map of locations is now available and posted above. The MINI Car Corral is behind grandstands below the orange Lot 1 marker in the graphic. Note that the Corral is right next to the Lamborghini Car Corral. Daytona International Speedway staff know to put the important cars in the same area.

The MINI Corral is near the tram stop, where we will be able to jump on a tram for a ride under the track, through the Turn 1 Tunnel, and be dropped off at the garage area and Fan Zone.

The MINI Hospitality Patio is along pit road near the red SI marker.

It will be an upscale racing experience and an amazing weekend of racing.