Customers' Feedback thread (for enthusiats, self-tuners and Shops)

Discussion in 'Bytetronik Tuning Discussion- Archive only' started by mike@MynesTuned, Mar 7, 2011.

1. mike@MynesTuned

mike@MynesTuned New Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This section is for those who are currently using this product and would like to share their experiences with others.

The Bytetronik Tuning Kit is a powerful TOOL. It can be utilized in various levels depending on the owner/user's technical knowledge with computers and engine dynamics and ECU tuning.

The best analogy i can think of is the program Excel. Some people simply use it for the basic tables and columns to do some basic mathematics, but for those who understand the program and are familiar with database operations, Excel can do much much more.

The same holds true with the Bytetronik Tuning Kit. You can use it as a basic tool for engine monitoring (via the data-logging feature), as a code reader (via the DTC features to clear codes), or as a diagnostic tool to clear the adaptations (via the clear adaptation commands). On the tuning side, you can use it for the basic functions such as changing the rev-limiters, adjusting the idling rpm or customizing the fan speed, that's good too. For those who understand tuning and engine dynamics, then you have the options to go into the ecu and really tweak your mappings.

Its best to post up results with data support. But we understand for certain functions and parameter (such as a smoother running engine with better drive-ability) there isn't really any 'data' that can support such claims other than the SOP (or butt dyno).

Please don't go overboard with this. We know this is a new product but it's also a good and proven product. Post in here to help us make this product better, at the same time, hopefully answer questions that others might have regarding this product.

WARNING: This is a moderated thread. Any silliness or useless posts will be dealt with immediately and without prejudice!

2. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Mike,

From all that I have read this product seems to be developed for the R53. Am I incorrect?

3. mike@MynesTuned

mike@MynesTuned New Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Tim, you are correct. The FA53 is for the R53 family of MINIs; the FA56 (in the works) will be for the R56 family of cars. We are working on adding other supported family of vehicles to this list in the very near future.

4. DMAN

DMAN New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have had my car for several years and in that time I have had a custom Dimsport tune and also various tunes via a Haltech unit.
    After getting the car tuned with the Bytetronik Tuning Kit at my local shop the car feels great.
    No more flat spot, no lumpy idle and the car is so much more responsive and smooth to drive :Thumbsup:
    Best tune to date in part most likely due to the user friendly software.

5. dreammaker

dreammaker New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ...guess it is nice to let others know your experience with such a tool!..though it would take many pages to write the whole story i while try to sum up.. :
    i had tried two different tunes on my mini.. i can say that i was really never totally happy with the result.. especially taking into consideration the parts changed on my mini.. in my mind there was always the will to get it mynes tuned! though the tool was not released.. i contacted Mike and Jay.. they were both really helpful and polite.. they asked me to be patient till the release of miniport.. i have never waited something so eagerly!! i believe i was one of the first to get the miniport.. this tool is a "state of the art" for what it does!
    from the first tests before the completion of my tune i could not believe the change on the car's drivability and "attitude" the car was soooo much more responsive! it felt like pooling soo hard! at the end of the tune i had the feeling that someone swapped my engine with another one! lol it was so great that i really did not care to get the car on a dyno and see the delta from the previous tune.. my joy was to drive it and play all time! :D
    anyway a couple of months later and after some friends kept asking i decided to go back on the dyno and check it out.. the guy who did the run on the dyno said "wow! really nice power curve!" lol the result was an additional of almost 20hp! from a tune that was made on the road! NOT on a dyno! i expect to gain a bit more on a dyno tune.. also take into consideration that the tune was done with quite low temperatures outside.. ( air density was different) so now on the dyno pull with much hotter air it got a bit richer.. so there is some space for some extra hp still! :D
    The other very important feature is logging with miniport! i have tried logging my ecu with various other programs and tools.. nothing even comes close to what miniport can do! logs show you that tuning is no magic and guessing.. tuning is and must be based on ecu response and sensors feedback.. like Mike and Jay say.. make it run "happy" the way it wants to! ;)

i will post the two dyno runs.. one was done on 28/12/2010 with my old tune and the other one was done today with mynes tuned..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. CheckersSD

CheckersSD New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Full time student @ UCSD majoring in PoliSci, and
    San Diego, CA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I just had my car tuned today by Mike and the great people at Mynes Performance and OCD Customs. I drive a 2006 MCSa, with Magnaflow Exhaust, JCW CAI w/ Madness filter, and GP IC w/ DDM ICD.

Baseline Dyno: 2006 MCSa, Magnaflow Exhaust, JCW CAI w/ Madness Filter, GP IC w/ DDM ICD
    Max Power = 149.34 HP
    Max Torque = 144.05 lb/ft

Final Dyno: 2006 MCSa, Magnaflow Exhaust, JCW CAI w/ Madness Filter, GP IC w/ DDM ICD, 17% WMW S/C Pulley, NGK Spark Plugs, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Mynes Performance Tune (Performance Bushings for lower engine mount, and new OEM upper engine mount)
    Max Power = 180.92 HP
    Max Torque = 168.62 lb/ft

21% Increase in horsepower
    17% Increase in Torque

I was told this was the highest increase they had seen for an automatic given the modifications and tune. Needless to say I am very pleased with the results.

[​IMG]