D/FW Area -LSC BMWCCA Auto-X #4

Discussion in 'Autocross' started by scott@txwerks, Jun 26, 2009.

1. scott@txwerks

scott@txwerks New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Registration is open for the LSC BMWCCA AX#4 to be held at the Texas Motor Speedway Bus parking lot on Saturday June 27th. This is one of the closest sites we use.

Even if you've never tried autocross before, come on out at give it a whirl. Or, ask for a ride with an experienced driver to see if you might enjoy it. This one is close to home - TMS is located at the intersection of I35W and Hwy 114 in North Fort Worth. The Bus lot is located along Hwy 114 just west of I35W. [Map here] The smooth surface of this lot is a lot easier on your tires than Mineral Wells and is one of my favorite venues.

More information can be found on the LSC BMWCCA website here, and if you want to drive in the event you must register. Cost is $30 for BMWCCA members, but non-members can register for a one-time event price of $40 which allows you to try it out.

Event information and Directions

**** Register Online at dlbracing.com ****

For the 2009 Season, all registration and payment for each event will be handled on-line at DLB Racing. On-line registration for each event will commence at 6 am on the third Monday prior to the event and will subsequently close at 10 pm on the Friday prior to the event. Any prospective entrants that are experiencing technical problems with online registration or other related issues should contact the autocross chairman for further assistance. Registration and payment for the event will not be available on site.

Tech Inspection
    All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site. Tech Inspection begins at 8am and will close at 9am. Licensed minors 16 years and older may participate in the event only with written parental consent. If the parent will not be not on site, confirmation of permission must be made prior to participation and can by contacting the autocross chairman. Minors under 16 may only ride in a vehicle owned and driven by their parent during fun runs (if conducted).

Mandatory Driver's meeting at 9am.
    First car will start around 9:30am - usually after a low speed drive through.

Rides in all competing vehicles are free as long as the driver doesn't mind having you as ballast, however a helmet must be worn. There are loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet.... (Helmets must be rated Snell M-2000 or SA-2000, or newer).

I hope to see you there!

Yes, it's going to be hot - but the course will be SMOKIN'!!! :lol: