1st Gen One Da uh um craplands

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by Debugged, Apr 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Debugged

Debugged New Member

May 6, 2009
    Once again, Pro Geek
    40 Miles East of Dallas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

uh um Da......I am glad to be getting this midland out of this car. My car has been down for 6 months now. SteveO I got the new grills painted too.

[​IMG]
    It is just hanging in there

2. Debugged

Debugged New Member

May 6, 2009
    Once again, Pro Geek
    40 Miles East of Dallas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay...I dont know how to take this but, I get the Getrag installed and I drove the car for about 100 miles. Then a ticking noise comes for the hood. The car died with a big thunk and clack noise. I then think to myself "When it rains, It pours" I tried to start the car again and now it sounds like a rod knocking. Looks like I need to rebuild the motor now. Does anyone know if this can be done with out selling off my first born. If so where is a good machine shop to do the metal work, that at least knows about the Mini motor. (in The DFW Area) I have search for motors and do not have that kinda cash at hand to buy one. Now I have not tore into the car yet as to find the issue. I may drop the oil pan this weekend to see there. Any and all help would be great....Thanks and Motor enough for me....

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Might want to post the question about a machine shop on MetroplexMINI.org

4. Debugged

Debugged New Member

May 6, 2009
    Once again, Pro Geek
    40 Miles East of Dallas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea....I will do that. But I thought most everyone here on this site races their Minis. Thanks Nathan

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure people will pipe in with engine advice. For the shop referral the local folks may be of more help.

Keith of Werkin MINI could be a sorta local source too. He's down around the Hill Country.