1. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    She needs to go beat the hell out of that ding bat that took her out... Just walk up to him and clock him. And then she should whisper in his ear while he is laying there trying to figure out what got him "Next time you hit me, I kick you in the balls you dumb redneck..." They would think twice about their stupid redneck games if she did that. :D

2. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Part of why I started this thread is to point out that Danica is not only a successful female driver, but she's a multi-discipline driver as well, starting in carts like most open wheel racers, and climbing the ladder thru Atlantics all the way up to leading the Indy 500!

Now she's decided to take on a whole new seriies, with it's own unique challenges and disciplines - and she's already far ahead of many other guys who have come into the series - sure part of it can be due to having good equipment and plenty of money backing her - but in the end, whatever happens will mostly be due to her and her skills.

There aren't a lot of drivers who can hop from one series to another and be on top, I think she's done remarkably well, and will continue to do so.....whether or not she'll win a championship remains to be seen, and I give her really long odds on it, but I admire her work ethec and skills behind the wheel.

For those who point out that she's crashed three times this weekend, there were a lot of other folks who crashed too, weren't there? How come they don't get painted with the same broad brush?

I say, give her a chance, let's see where she goes - it could be interesting!

As for the old open wheel vs NASCAR vs sports car thing, it's all good to me! I don't watch every race in any series except F1, but I try to take in as many as I can without driving the bride nuts - that's one advantage F1 has in their scheduling, she works nights and the races are on early in the AM when she's asleep!

3. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: That's Great Johngo!!!!!!!!!!! But you don't have to hold back and candy coat it like that, tell us what you really feel.:devil::ihih::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jason

4. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    ^^ That was just racing. They all bumped each other, all day, as they always do. If she kicks any balls, it'll be those of her team-mate.....

5. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    She does have ALOT to learn. No doubt. She will get better, how much better is the question. Like alot of other drivers she has wrecked in 11 of 25 races so far. ( Nationwide Series ) Sure some weren't her fault but still goes in the DNF file and or wrecked... Atleast she is with 2 good teams in Nationwide and Cup so having good equipment is not an issue, that can't be an excuse down the road.. I think there is more pressure on a few of the guys then there is on her. Can you imagine how Dale Jr, Joey logano, and others will look/feel if she does better then them in equal cars!!!

6. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Dang F1 drivers.....LMAO

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I tried to watch the Daytona 500 last night. Left after the 1st lap wreck. 500 miles to race and they are tearing up cars after 2.5 miles. Yikes.

Turned back to the race a few times, always at a yellow. And then I see the Jet Dryer hits.

Sorry, I want to watch racing, not cars being torn up.

I think I'll stick to watching the 2 road races a year.

8. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Now that was some good ole boy racin right thar :lol: So 180deg different than, "oh I chipped a finger nail and I got a smuge of grease on my pant leg" Formula one pretty boy racing.......it's good to be an American today! :cornut: We giter done no matter what happens!

9. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    So no one is going to stipulate on Patrick crashing out of 3 consecutive races on 3 consecutive days? I know all three were "not her fault", but one has to wonder.

10. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Speed Limit when under CAUTION FLAG..

11. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    So being run off the track while running a clean race is reason to wonder?

Wonder about what?

Why the NASCRAP sissies are so scared of a competitive girl, perhaps?

Oh, wait, it's raining... Funny. F1 runs in the rain. Sports cars run in the rain. Why can't "stock" cars???

And they wonder why ALMS is growing like crazy?

Not too hard to figure out... Not everyone is into the WWF of auto racing. :frown2:

12. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    There is a reason there are so many different types of racing.

People like some or all of them for various reasons.

I admit to not being a big fan of NASCAR. I do think it is somewhat contrived but then again there are bits in F1 that are there to make the show better too.

Lets not let this thread denigrate into my favorite form of racing is better than your favorite form of racing., Let us embrace that we have all these various series please.

The sniping at each other will stop now.

13. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    All that banking should make the track dryer as it runs off better! :D

I do think F1 needs to get back to racing and do away with all the silly gadgets and rules.

That is why I like ALMS of late; it is very modern, is embracing new technologies and fuels, runs multiple classes of cars, and does not have a bunch of soap opera style BS taking away from the racing.

14. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Well said. She is a very good driver and worked her way up as anyone would. Granted I think while she has a decent record in Indy cars it should be better compared to her team-mates over the years..
    I hope she does GREAT in NASCAR as it can only help the sport.. I actually hope she outshines Dale Jr., Logano and some of the others who have been riding their name and past performances for years... It's one thing to finish top 5 or 10 here and there, an another to be contending to win races week in and week out.. Only time will tell which catagory she will fall into.. As long as sponsors stay behind her she will be able to stay in NASCAR and or any other series as long as she wants..win, lose, or draw!!!

15. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    OOOPS, she has a lot to learn and prove yet.... But she does have talent.

16. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Danica has a lot of talent. I was sad to see her leave Indy cars, but I feel that this is a good career move for her. We will see if she can make it in this arena. I'm betting she will given time. Starting with a pole at Daytona is nothing to sneeze at.

Go Danica!!! :Thumbsup:

17. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Well she just hit the wall, but I still like her.

18. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Not watching the race. Someone fill me in when it is over. I may watch the 500 if I find nothing better to do. Not really a NASCARP fan. I only watch the 2 road races.

19. cooperjet

cooperjet Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    I had the pleasure of meeting her and her mother once. She was very nice and seemed down to earth. I hope she does well.

20. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    If she embraces the contact she will, if she doesn't she will languish in the mid pack rats as the great Montoya has.....:lol::lol:

It ain't as easy as people think.:crazy: