DC Metro MINI Caravan in support of Wounded Veterans

Discussion in 'MINIs in Other Media' started by Nathan, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

WASHINGTON - Close to 80 Mini Cooper owners took to the Beltway Sunday morning in support of wounded veterans. The event was organized by the husband-and-wife team of Craig and Lona McVeay, both members of DC Metro Minis.

Craig McVeay says the event gave Mini owners a chance to "enjoy the cars, enjoy the social part. Do something for veterans and so our respects for our veterans."

Owners donated to take part. "I think they counted 80 cars, and I had over 120 people RSVP," said Lona McVeay.

Once everyone checked in, Mini enthusiasts from as far away as Norfolk, Va., formed a caravan around the Beltway.

Craig says the money will be given to Operation Second Chance, a DC-area based charity which helps "wounded warriors, families and veterans make the transition from military life to civilian life. "

Charities such as this are near and dear to the couple, since Craig is retired Navy and his wife Lona is active duty.

This is the fifth year for the event.

Source: A Mini caravan helps veterans, families - WTOP.com

2. maacodale

maacodale Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting Center owne
    Poquoson, VA
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I've done this a couple of times. The DC gang does a good job with their events. Hey, someone in DC should know what they're doing, right?

If anyone decides to do this next year, I can attest it's a fun event for a good cause!