DDMotorsports: GTSPEC R56 Strut Tower Brace Group Buy!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by M.Bonanni, Jul 30, 2009.

1. M.Bonanni

M.Bonanni New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    North Las Vegas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #1 M.Bonanni, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    We are celebrating becoming a new vendor here on Motoring Alliance with a group buy on GTSPEC front strut tower braces for the R56 Mini Cooper!

Adding a front strut tower brace will greatly reduce chassis flex in the front end which will improve your Mini's handling! GTSPEC is mostly know for their chassis and strut tower braces in the Japanese aftermarket scene, but they have recently branched out to offering a few parts for European cars including the R56 Mini Cooper!

This strut tower brace has been confirmed to fit with both the stock intake and the DDMWorks intake! Although this strut tower brace may fit other aftermarket intakes as well, they have not been confirmed to my knowledge.

The strut tower brace comes with a polished center bar and GTSPEC's trademark gray/blue color on the end plates.

As seen here with the DDMWorks intake.
    [​IMG]

As seen on the DoubleDownMotorsports.com Project R56 with the stock intake.
    (Note: We powdercoated our end plates red to match the car. This color combo is not an option from GTSPEC.)
    [​IMG]

Here are our street driving impressions:
    Street driving impressions actually slightly exceeded my expectations for this mod! Although driving on the street isn't near as good an indicator as track driving for a mod like this, you can actually feel a difference in front end flex. It's not a massive difference, but it is enough to feel. The front end of the car has a crisper feel to it while turning which is a good indicator that this mod is reducing a good amount of front end flex. 99% of the reason we put this on our project car is because of looks, but it appears that this will also be an excellent mod for the track.

This group buy will be limited to 10 customers. The price will be $154.00. FREE ground shipping within the mainland 48 United States. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Inertanionally, please PM me for a shipping quote. Sales tax applied to Nevada residents only.

1. Lil Blue Coop

This group buy will last until we reach 10 buyers. Each order will be shipped as soon as they are paid for (unless on backorder).

PM or call to order!
    (702) 834-5253
    Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PST

2. M.Bonanni

M.Bonanni New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    North Las Vegas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Mushrooming Issues
    Does the R56 suffer from strut tower deformation as seen on some of the 1st generation MINI's, or was this resolved as part of the 2nd generation redesign? I have a 2009 JCW hardtop without the JCW sport suspension. With only 1300 miles on the meter and I'm wondering if I should invest in a set of STD's. I'm not interested in "eye candy" if it's not needed. I'm constantly aware of pot holes and have been able to avoid them. I don't plan to autox.......yet. It's more of daily driver that puts a smile on my face before and after work.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

4. M.Bonanni

M.Bonanni New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    North Las Vegas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure about the R56 having mushrooming issues still or not but this strut bar should help with that with its end plates if it is still an issue.

5. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
  6. nelson.jones07

nelson.jones07 New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice information, thanks for providing these pics and related information. They are really good and helpful also.