Detroit Tuned tuning party 2013(RMW)

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by RobMuntean, Jun 3, 2013.

1. RobMuntean

RobMuntean New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I'm on michiganmini.org and nam motoring.

I've posted on each one to get people's attention about getting together for a tuning party at Detroit Tuned, located in Michigan.

Last year we were supposed to have Jan out to tune our cars, it never happened.

Now, we have a chance to put a deposit down to bring him to Detroit Tuned and get our MINIs tuned!

So far two of us are ready to put our deposit down. Now we only need 8 more people to get 10 total people to put the deposit down. DT said it would take place in July or beginning of August.

R53-$350
    R56-$500

Dyno time-$200

This is great for all of us who want a tune and reliable because Jan from RMW is installing these tunes.

Call Detroit Tuned or PM for a bit more information so we get a count. Hope to get this going ASAP, hope to hear from you guys.

Rob

2. 05r50

05r50 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +697 / 0 / -0
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for posting this here on MA.

And Welcome to the Fun MINI site :)

Hopefully there are some MA'ers out here that have always wanted a Jan tune but couldn't make it happen because of the distance. Nows the chance.

3. RobMuntean

RobMuntean New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I hope so, I really appreciate again you telling me about this forum!

Hopefully we can get some interest drawn. If anyone has any questions please ask or call Detroit Tuned how you can put your deposit down, TJ and Chad are awesome and will be glad to help you if you have a R53 or R56+!

4. RobMuntean

RobMuntean New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So just a heads up for some interested. I have three people so far ready to commit.

Couple of notices.

The dates will be set for end of August, beginning of September because Chad at DT and Jan(RMW) need to have openings around then.

As for dyno time, it's set for as many runs as the car needs to exceed its potential. So as for my N18 MCS, it'll take 12-15 runs since it's a bit harder to tune.

Also, we don't need more than half the money when putting a deposit, so the rest of the money can be paid up front the day of the tuning party.

Any other questions PM or call Detroit Tuned. Look forward to hearing from more people.

5. RobMuntean

RobMuntean New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to take a guess no one is interested?

6. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Can't help you Ron but I wish you good luck in putting this together. My Coupe has already been tuned by Jan and I love the performance!!!

7. 05r50

05r50 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +697 / 0 / -0
    This is curious. Not sure why there haven't been more responses. I know that at MOTD folks were lining up to wait their turn to have Jan but a tune on their car.

Once word got out from folks that had done it, more peeps went to see if there were any open slots.

He just did a tune fest @ Helix and I saw online the list was strong.

MOTD was about 7+ hour drive and I think the group I was with would say the trip was worth it just for the tune. Now you have a chance for a tune in Detroit and dyno.
    So, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, here's your chance.

Folks! Get on this opportunity.

If you've been Jan tuned, pipe up and testify to the benefits.

8. JMC40

JMC40 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    O...H...!!
    Ratings:
    +373 / 0 / -0
    I would say this is an excellent opportunity for anyone that wants a more custom tune. I had Jan tune mine at the Dragon this year and the performance gain/drivability of the car was pretty amazing, and this is just a canned tune with no dyno time. To actually have Jan tune it on the dyno, I can only imagine the extra customization/gains you would see (depending on mods to the car, of course). I can only say great things about my tune and I have ridden in CHKMINIs car pre and post tune and the gains he got are nothing short of amazing.

9. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Same here... The difference was utterly amazing... BMW/MINI left a bunch of HP locked up in the ECU....:Thumbsup:

10. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I have an ALL RMW car and it is a very fast and a reliable daily driver for 5 + years now.

Don't get tuned or taken by the latest FAd tuning software or by someone learning to tune on your car. Tuning todays ECU cars is not like twisting a screw on a carb or adding a buttload of timing. It takes years to acquire the knowledge to do the job right not weeks or months.
    Just because someone has software to open and view tables in the ECU does not mean they absolutely know what you are doing.

This is your chance to get tuned by the one who has been tuning and making MINI proven performance parts for years. Think about it...there is a reason so many RMW customers are so loyal.

If you tuner is just flashing your car he is not tuning. Ask your tuner how many championships he has won and if he also tunes real racecars for major race teams. You know cars that race in the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona.

The proof is in all the satisfied customers cars Jan has tuned, wins on the track and the hands down best proven MINI performance parts you can buy. Why would anyone want the "other" parts when you can have the proven best.

I am a huge fan of Jan / RMW and would never trust anyone else to tune my performance MINI.

11. JMC40

JMC40 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    O...H...!!
    Ratings:
    +373 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^ Cannot be said any better!

12. sethat46

sethat46 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Financial Sales
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    If I had the money right now I would throw my RMW cam and injectors in and trailer my car up there.

13. Douglas H

Douglas H Active Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Westerville OH
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    If you can narrow down the dates, I might be able to add my name to the list.

14. RobMuntean

RobMuntean New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for getting some feedback from everyone. I've been trying my best to get 10 or more people to join in on this tune.

The price is the best and getting the best tune for our MINIs makes it 100x better.

The dates will be end of August or beginning of September. When I spoke to chad he told me he would talk to Jan to see what days are good for both of them. I am leaning more into September since Jan and Chad are both super busy in August.

I will post the new information June 14th after I meet with chad when he installs my belt line blackout:).

As of right now we have 5-6 people interested. And with a few people from here then we can get a set date and deposits down.

15. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    A tune is the biggest bang for the buck performance mod period.

Part of the lower turnout may be due to Jan doing a tuning day in Milwaukee this summer. Detroit may be closer for some of those folks, but still, as little as Jan is in the midwest, I'd find it surprising if both dates don't fill. And DT is a top-notch shop; this may not happen again for a few years, if you're thinking of a cam or head, or whatever, you have the shop that can do it right, and the guy that can tune it right, all in one place. Those stars don't align very often; I waited a couple of years for an opportunity like that to happen within driving distance, and I finally gave up waiting, had the head/cam done locally, and then a remote tune. I'd be all over this if I wasn't set up already.

16. RobMuntean

RobMuntean New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can I get a count of exactly how many people we have exactly to this point on this forum please? Thank you!

17. Douglas H

Douglas H Active Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Westerville OH
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I am interested but can't commit until a solid date has been chosen.

18. 10Nathan10

10Nathan10 Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Michigan
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    /\ What he said.... I am interested.

19. sethat46

sethat46 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Financial Sales
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    I'm interested. What they said ^

20. RobMuntean

RobMuntean New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This puts us at 7-8 people now. One person is a maybe that's why I said 7-8. If you have friends with MINIs please let them know.

I am now gonna take the step to call Detroit Tuned first thing Monday and speak with TJ and Chad so they can start moving the process. I will post all information and how much on the deposit for DT to rent the dyno.

Lets keep getting more people! We can get 10 easily.