2nd Gen R56 Cooper S DimSport canned tunes

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by TGS91, Apr 14, 2011.

1. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys,

I ordered up one of those "My Genius" devices from Way at Way Motor Works. Device as many of you know takes our stock throttle, boost, etc maps via the OBD II port and downloads into a file. You then email that file back to who you bought it from, in this case Way, and with the help of the mfg MyGenius they can adjust your tune. You get it back from the dealer and upload and you got extra get up and gone

Problem is that Way has ran into a problem with my file and can get like zero support from DimSport.

Three weeks this has been going on

My thoughts are wondering if this outfit has it's act together. That can't seem to support their dealers so do I really want to take their 'upgraded' file and load it into my car? This is assuming they actually answer Way's questions to get this file cleared up.....

My question to you MA peeps is have any of you done this process? I know there are other vendors offering this product and 'canned tunes'. What is your experience with the results? Worth the wait?

2. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    #2 minimark, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    The Genius is just a tool to load and upload tunes to your ECU... The tune itself is done by who you purchased it from, using Dimsport software.....

3. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I get that Mark

The person I bought it from, Way, cannot get support from DimSport to answer his questions to do the tune so I can upload via the MyGenius device,

Asking if someone has used this product and their success or lack of

4. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Tim, I have had a dimsport tune via the unit for 2 years on my 07. Also, have it on a friends 09 JCW.

This was not via Way, but my experience has been good. Dimsport out of Italy is a bit slow and your vendor has to hammer them for support.

We have been lucky and no issues.

My opinion the dimsport is a gen 1 tune tool for the R56 and the Cobb AP is a gen 2 tool. YMMV. :)

Prior to the flash tool, my 07 was baseline tuned on the Dyno, then we built on the tune file via the Dimsport tool.

Don

5. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Don and Mark,

Anybody else?