...dirty question about a car wash

Discussion in 'Middle Tennessee MINIs' started by lovelld, Jan 13, 2011.

1. lovelld

lovelld New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pardon another question from a new parent:
    I just ran my R53 through a car wash (I know, those are dangerous, I should do it myself) to get the salt off. All went well, but when I returned home I noticed a rather large amount of soap suds when I opened the door. It seems that the soap seeped in under the bottom of the door seals on both sides. No big deal I guess, I took a soft clothe and wiped away the suds. No harm, no foul. Is this a common idiosyncrasy to R53's, or do I have a problem with the seals? Would seem odd for both doors to have the same issue.

Thanks for any advice, explanations!:confused5:

2. Rae

Rae Club Coordinator

Oct 14, 2010
    teacher for severely/multiply disabled students
    Oregon
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Ours do that too, just a little though. I think it's normal, from the high pressure of the water. Gromie and Maddy both go thru the wash for the odd cleaning - no harm no foul.

3. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Your regular garden hose will put water there. Just get used to wiping the inside of the doors after any kind of wash. The door seals drain water down to the sill, then it drains from there, so suds will gather there. It's normal.

Mark

4. lovelld

lovelld New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks!

thanks for easing my mind - but did you have to use the word normal... I hate the idea of my MINI being normal!

Thanks!

5. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :Thumbsup:My R56 same thing. Last thing after cleaning exterior; open doors and wipe door sills.

Jason

6. Rae

Rae Club Coordinator

Oct 14, 2010
    teacher for severely/multiply disabled students
    Oregon
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    OK, fine - it is an exceptional detail to the otherwise commodious and invigorating life style choice you have made in your new form of transport.