2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Does your Mini rattle?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by fastrack1, Feb 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. fastrack1

fastrack1 New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have an 08 with the complete JCW kit that is perfect in every way except a persistent rattle in the sunroof. It was really bad at one time but has been taken in four times and they have completely ripped it apart and finally it only rattles when hitting a hard bump or series of bumps.

I have another 08 Mini with no rattles. Anybody else have issues and is it one of those things I should just let go?

2. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    I know the 1st gens have trouble with the rattling sunroof, mine does. But hadn't heard about the 2nd gens having it? My wife's 09 is fine with almost 30k miles.

3. Kikimowse

Kikimowse Active Member

Sep 18, 2010
    California
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My sister's 08 had a rattle which I thought was in the sunroof until I rode in the backseat. I discovered it was the plastic trim in the headlining around the sunroof. I ripped up a piece of the Starbucks napkin that I had handy and stuffed it in just under the trim. No rattles ever since, plus a conveniently located napkin if I ever need one. :biggrin5: